Will it run on windows?

sorry guys im a new asterisk user, i just want to found out if it will work also in windows? for example i will install it in my linux server then on windows client? or it is only for linux/unix and macs?

Thanks in advance… :wink:

The Asterisk server component is best run on Linux, although you could install a small/non-production system on Windows:

voip-info.org/tiki-index.php … %20Support

(althought it does not run natively)

In terms of your clients, these may run on any platform that your client supports, as this is independent of Asterisk. As long as the clients supports SIP/IAX2/H323 you are in good shape. An example would be XLite from counterpath.

AstLinux has its new version wrapped with VMWare using the free player. (Linux running on a virtual machine inside the Windows OS)

http://www.astlinux.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=36&Itemid=43

I don’t own a Windows Box, so I can’t offer an opinion how well it works.

Of course, you wouldn’t want to do any production work with such a setup.

Lonnie

[quote=“climacs”]sorry guys im a new asterisk user, i just want to found out if it will work also in windows? for example i will install it in my linux server then on windows client? or it is only for linux/unix and macs?

Thanks in advance… :wink:[/quote]

If I understand the question, then:

If you install Asterisk on a Linux server, then you can use any SIP-compliant soft phone as a client on a Windows PC.