Wanting to use Asterisk to run Virtual Call Center

Im starting a virtual Call Center. I would like to use asterisk. At one of my previous jobs I connected via both a java based softphone and a pots line that synched by dialing in on the pots line and entering a access code and then i would go available and take calls for the client. I would like to do something similar but not sure how to accomplish this with asterisk. After looking at different options i just feel like its the most logical to try somehting similar but again Im not sure where to begin. Any help would be appreciated. I havent started installing asterisk as of yet before I start Im just trying to get feedback and suggestions on how to go about this.

What you need is a consultant that can help you, because you are apparently not willing to invest the time yourself.
Not to be harsh, but try one of the following:

1. Buy Asterisk the definitive guide, install AsteriskNow on a virtual pc and fool around. after a month or two you will know the heads and tails of the platform.
  2. Buy consultants in the work section of this forum to do the work you won’t do yourself.
    -Sofus