Voice capable GSM modems for Linux

Hello,

I’d need some tips for voice capable GSM modems which work under Linux. (Or Free/Open/etc. BSD.) Both USB or PCIe ones are okay, until they work.
Currently i only have ones which either do not react to any AT command, or they refuse to picking up the incoming call, or no sound (in fact, nothing) comes in in /dev/ttyUSB1 after picking up (no, AT^DDSETEX=2 did not help).

Also, i’ve ran into this several times: i plug the USB dongle into the machine and the modem is in either mass storage mode or in internet mode and no /dev/ttyUSB# comes up without modeswitching and then i cannot find what should go into MessageContent in /etc/usb_modeswitch.d/xyz; isn’t there any site which enlists these by vendor and product?

Any help is appreciated, thank you in advance.

For the time I successfully set up USB Huawei E1550 with cellular unlocking, which works with voice and sms.
Also I tested Quecel EC25 via mPCIE-to-USB as well as Simcom 7600H-G.
But with Quectel and Simcom is one semi issue - codecs.
For unknown for me reasons there is transcodding appears.
All wok on Ubuntu 18.04/22.04 both x64 with Asterisk 20.4.0 and built bt my own appropriate channel drivers - chan_dongle and chan_qurtel.

What help do you exactly need ?

Thank you for the suggestions.

This is exactly the help i need: the name of hardwares i can use. And some kind of general info about what to do, if i face a modem which is not in the right mode and i’d need the data for MessageContent in /etc/usb_modeswitch.d/xyz.

Regarding Quecteland Simoc, there wasn’ t necessary to use Usb_modeswitch.
Regarding Huawei E1550, there are some links at Google/Yandex where you can find procedure of preparing of the dongle to using with Asterisk.

By searching for “Huawei E1550 asterisk”, i only found forum topics like these:

In these topics people either say it does not work for them, or it does, but they did not tell how did they manage to make it work.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.