Priorisation call in two queues

Hello,

We have a purpose to priorise call when our condition is valid
1-We have 5 agents
2-those 5 agents belong into 2 queues , the first queue is named std_priority and the second is std_not_priority
the proprieties of those queue are the same except stg_priority has more weight (30) than std_not_priority(10)
3-As I know it means when there is a call arrive at the same time then agent receive the call from the queue with the biggest weight

4-let me show you the proprety of the queue

[general]
persistentmembers=yes
announce-holdtime = yes
announce-position = yes
announce-frequency = 30

;-----------------------------------

queue_template_testwe
musiconhold=default
strategy=rrmemory ;
timeout=30
retry=2
wrapuptime=10
joinempty=no
leavewhenempty=yes
ringinuse=no
periodic-announce-frequency=60

std_priority
weight=30

std_not_priority
weight=10

5-Our issue is that sometimes the call for std_priority is not priority than std_not_priority, it likes the parameters weight is not working, it is like FIFO
My question is:
Is there another parameter to add or there is another way to do the priorisation from one queue with the same agents. I mean one agent amongs to the queues but the call priority is from the one queue?

Thank you so much for your replies

Handling agents in queues with different priorities is complicated and doesn’t always work as you might expect. It gets worse if there are more than two queues. Do you actually have more than two queue?

The basic logic is that calls pick agents, but there should be a check to see if there are enough available agents to cover calls in higher priority queues. I can’t remember what exactly constitutes available for this purpose.

One consequence of this is that, if there are two agents available, the call in the lower priority queue may pick an agent up to the poll interval (one second) before the call in the high priority queue. I can’t remember how calls currently playing comfort messages are handled, but that might add additional delays before the high priority queue allocates an agent to a call.

With multiple queues, there are cases where the calculation goes wrong.

Hello,
We have only two queues

Do you have any suggestions how putting my diaplan then

Thank you so much

Nothing in the dialplan. In the queue configuration, don’t use announcements (or include them in the music on hold stream).

As I understand I have to remove the periodic-announce-frequency=60 in the template config,that’s it

[queue_template_testwe]
musiconhold=default
strategy=rrmemory ;
timeout=30
retry=2
wrapuptime=10
joinempty=no
leavewhenempty=yes
ringinuse=no
std_priority
weight=30

std_not_priority
weight=10

Thank you for your reply

That may help. If that is the only problem, there should always be an enough agents available to cover the higher priority queue, even if the lower priority actually gets answered first.

1 Like