Mysql and asterisk

I have already a running asterisk server. I wanted to make a mysql database server for asterisk realtime. But the thing is that I wanted to install a db server on the other box/server. Is the unixodbc must reside on the working asterisk box?And the mysql database server is on the other box? The my-coonector will just connect to the database server?How will I setup the remote user for the asterisk. Please help

Best regards,
newbie_aste

you don’t need the unixODBC stuff, just the mysql libs and -devel libs.

then configure res_mysql.conf with the appropriate login and db details and you’re off.

all this info is in the wiki … look over there.

I’m having errors while I install the asterisk-addons. I cannot connect to my remote database. Where am I going to install the mysql-connector, on the server that has asterisk or in the server that has mysql database? WHat am I going to install on the client side(server w/asterisk) to be asterisk write on the remote database;
Please help

by the way this the error that i got when I started to “make” the asterisk addons

app_addon_sql_mysql.c:23:19: mysql.h: No such file or directory
cdr_addon_mysql.c:38:19: mysql.h: No such file or directory
cdr_addon_mysql.c:39:20: errmsg.h: No such file or directory
res_config_mysql.c:53:19: mysql.h: No such file or directory
res_config_mysql.c:54:27: mysql_version.h: No such file or directory
res_config_mysql.c:55:20: errmsg.h: No such file or directory

I am not getting those error when I installed the mysql on same box with asterisk and mysql database. Please help I wanted that these two program separted from each other.(Is this possible?)

Thank you very much

best regards,
newbie_aste

I would still not use MySQL - realtime in production environments yet, but thats just me. I find the flat files are more reliable than the DB connections, and unless you have to be changing your configs alot this is not a problem.

I’m setting-up the asterisk-stat. I’ll be needing the asterisk realtime with mysql. But I wanted that my database resides on the server/box. How can I connect asterisk with the server with mysql. I thought it also that it would be best for asterisk to reside on the other server. Does anyone have a documentation to access the mysql by asterisk on the other server?Please help.

Thanks

Best regards,
newbie_aste