MWI using Agents, is it possible?

Hi,

Here’s the scene, a user logs on with his/her agent number and can make and recieve calls great, when the phone is not answered I get it to drop to the agent number voicemail whichworks fine. However there is no mwi.
Any way of getting roud this?

Any help appreciated

For the phone that the agent is using you’d want to setup the sip.conf entry with more than one mailbox. (Or just he mailbox of the agent ID.)

So, it might look like this:

[31]
type=friend
secret=zzzz
nat=yes
host=dynamic
reinvite=no
canreinvite=no
qualify=1000
dtmfmode=rfc2833
mailbox=31,99
callerid=“Office” <31>
context=inside

In the above sip.conf entry, the MWI indicator for station 31 would come on for any messages left in mailbox 31, and mailbox 99.

So, if you setup the mailbox= line to have the mailbox of the agent ID, it should light the MWI for that station.

Hope that helps.

Is there a way to change the sip.conf entry when the user logs on?

The reason is, that all the users have agent ID’s, if I put all the agent ID’s in the mailbox section of all the extensions wont it send a mwi to all the phones when one a message is left?

I’m not sure I understand the problem…

If every agent has a SIP station, and every agent has an agent ID mailbox, why not just modify the sip.conf file entry for each station to have their agent mailbox?

Like this:

[31]
type=friend
secret=zzzz
nat=yes
host=dynamic
reinvite=no
canreinvite=no
qualify=1000
dtmfmode=rfc2833
mailbox=99
callerid=“Agent 1” <31>
context=inside

[32]
type=friend
secret=zzzz
nat=yes
host=dynamic
reinvite=no
canreinvite=no
qualify=1000
dtmfmode=rfc2833
mailbox=98
callerid=“Agent 2” <32>
context=inside

In the above example Agent 1 has an agent ID of 99 and the mailbox is 99, Agent 2 has an agent ID of 98 and a mailbox of 98.

Messages to each station will light the MWI indicator for the individual agent.

If the agent also had a mailbox that corresponded to their station extension, you’d put that on the line too:

[31]

mailbox=31,99

Only messages left for in the mailboxes for that station would light the MWI indicators.

I’m using agent numbers so that people can log on at any extension at any time and recieve calls.

They could log on to any extension at any one time. So in order for it to work I’d have to put every agentid in the mailbox section of every extension, which would not work.

Thanks for the reply

Oh I see… so an agent isn’t dedicated to a particular station.

A message waiting indication has to have a destination, and since it’s an operation on a physical device (phone or PC softphone) it’s really got to have a known destination.

Sounds like something you’d want to write some code to make work. After all, Asterisk is open source. You can make any changes you want, and contribute them back to the code.