Unsolicited MWI from Exchange showing on all phones

Hey everyone,

I’ve been dorking around with Asterisk 1.8 RC4 and Exchange 2010 in an attempt to get unsolicited MWI from Exchange showing up on two test phones.

When I leave a voicemail message on one mailbox, Exchange sends MWI to Asterisk, and while it does work, it’s lighting the MWI on both my test phones and not just the phone assigned to the mailbox I left a message on.

Here are the sip.conf entries for the Exchange server as well as my two test phones:

[exchange]
type=peer
host=10.1.10.21
insecure=invite
transport=tcp
port=5065
context=from-exchange
unsolicited_mailbox=1500

[1001]
callerid = Lester Tester <1001>
host=dynamic
secret=monopoly
type=friend
context=sip-outbound
mailbox=1500@SIP_Remote

[1002]
callerid=Sammy Sample <1002>
host=dynamic
secret=monopoly
type=friend
context=sip-outbound
mailbox=1500@SIP_Remote

Is there something I’m missing in the configs? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Dave

both phones have the above, doesn’t this mean both phones are checking the same mailbox?

Yes, I would imagine that’s the case. However, I’m not clear on whether or I need to use the “unsolicited_mailbox” option multiple times in a single context, or if that is even possible. The documentation in sip.conf.sample isn’t very clear on this.

Either way, I’ll give it a shot tomorrow and see if it works.

Dave

I attempted to use the unsolicited_mailbox option in the [exchange] context twice; one definition for each mailbox. From what I can tell, that’s not working either.

Should I be able to assign more than one unsolicited mailbox to a peer, or am I barking up a nonexistent tree on this idea?

Dave

There is a patch to add this feature that should work in all Asterisk 1.8 versions. Please give it a try - bug 18762:

issues.asterisk.org/view.php?id=18762