Linux

Can FreePBX, or AsteriskNOW be installed ontop of Linux RedHat (CentOS6). I am moving to the cloud (using SOFTLAYER ibm). Right now, we are using FreePBX with soundpoint 550 and 335 phones.

I Have installed Asterisk from scratch as well FreePBX also on the cloud, It works really well. I have used Amazon AWS, Digital Ocean, Solar VPS

AsteriskNOW cannot be installed on anything other than a bare machine.

It is normal to install Asterisk on Linux, as CentOS is Linux.

Using a virtual machine for a realtime application is not generally advisable. For VoIP it may result in excessive jitter or choppy audio from voice announcements.

This guidance for Lync should apply to any SIP PABX: technet.microsoft.com/en-us/lib … 99035.aspx although it will assume a machine on the local LAN, so networking issues are under control. I don’t think normal cloud servers have the level of control needed to comply with those guidelines.

Thanks for the feedback amblorixg12 and david55 :smiley: :smiley:

After typing in asterisk -r, I receive a message like the one below.
Connected to Asterisk 13.2.0 currently running on justhost (pid=3005)
justhost*CLI>
Disconnected from asterisk server
Asterisk cleanly ending (0)
Executing last minute cleanups
Why did this happen, and how can i fix it?

root@justhost [~]# asterisk -rx "logger reload"
Unable to connect to remote asterisk (does /var/run/asterisk/asterisk.ctl exist?)

root@justhost [~]# asterisk -vvvvvvc
Asterisk already running on /var/run/asterisk/asterisk.ctl. Use ‘asterisk -r’ to connect.

root@justhost [~]# asterisk -r
Unable to connect to remote asterisk (does /var/run/asterisk/asterisk.ctl exist?)
root@justhost [~]#

Now i am really confuse. Is it running or not?

There are many things you can do, like :

start or restart the asterisk service,

read the asterisk log

I type: service asterisk start
it states: Starting asterisk
I type: asterisk -rvvvv
it states: asterisk: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib64/libasteriskssl.so.1: undefined symbol: _ast_mem_backtrace_buffer
I start researching and cannot find nothing that resembles this error message.

Does anyone know what this error message mean?

It implies you have tried to load a loadable module that was compiled with a different set of options from those used to compile the main part of Asterisk, specifically an option relating to a certain type of debugging output.

Gentleman, thank you for your help. I have managed to get asterisk/FreePBX up and running but i had a melt down. Unfortunately, i was able to at one time dial out and in, but when i did the system recording, added the IVR and set a Destination in FreePBX GUI i came across these two red messages after submitting and applying config.

I can dial out from the polycom phones to my cell phone but when i dial from my cell phone to the polycom phone it rings for about 2 seconds and disconnects. At one time it did connect and i was able to hear Hello and welcome to the Veteran’s and Community Resource Center.

[2015-03-29 16:35:46] ERROR[12135]: phone_message.c:1645 build_dialplan_routing: Unable to build dialplan routing - invalid license

[2015-03-29 16:35:46] WARNING[12135]: res_digium_phone.c:1898 reload: No Valid DPMA License found. Module is loaded but disabled. Please reload module once valid license is installed.

You are mixing different topics on just one thread. Your log are not relevant to your described issue.

Please visit community.freepbx.org/

true that.
how do i enable the module that is loaded but disable?

Supply a valid licence.