I need DID solution for my asterisk setup

I talked to Broadvoice and they said I would need a seperate account for each line I wanted to use from my Asterisk server calling out or in. Is this correct?

So if a user wanted to call out to PSTN number, this would use 1 DID line from Broadvoice.
And if another user wanted to do the same, at the same time, I would need an additional DID line from Broadvoice.

And in a calling-card senario where someone on a PSTN outside called in to connect to another PSTN outside, I would need 2 DID lines from Broadvoice. Correct??

And if each DID line from Broadvoice is each a seperate account, then I would have to sign upp manually everytime I need to grow another line. Plus, each account for plan C cost $50 setup. So starting out if I needed 10 DID lines, this would cost me $500 startup, just to have a VoIP service provider to provide multiple PSTN termination???

Does anyone understand what I’m saying here? Does anyone have a better cost effective solution for multiple PSTN termination?

That sounds like resident service…

Look at Connect.Voicepluse.com IAX

get four channels with unlimited inbound for 11.00 a month

and dirt cheap outbound

add channels as needed from within web interface.
also remember with digium cards you can also use a ATA from a VPS to provide access to PSTN

packet8.net unlimited (40,000 I think) USA / canada less then 25.00 a month.

use dail rules / LCR rules to channel enforce use.

yes broadvoice is a residential service, they sell ‘lines’. You don’t want this.

you want a company that will sell you a DID and unlimited inbound on a wholesale basis (you pay for the DID and outgoing minutes). voicepulse connect does this very well. There are others that do the same thing.

Try having a look at

myvoice.splitinfinity.com

My small setup works quite well with them.

I would not reccomend Broadvoice. I had them for some time before I left them. There were times that the call quality was so poor that I could not get DTMF thru (I did have my dtmfmode set correct :wink: ). I now use myphonecompany (myphonecompany.com). Been reall happy with them. I think thier basic plan is $5.00 a month and unlimited incoming (unlimited as in you can expand but they dont like when you hog thier channels). For out bound I use other providers since they charge I believe 2.5 or 2.9 cents a minute (don’t remember which one. I blieve they lowerd thier prices but dont hold me to it).

Thank you everyone. Very good information I will try them all out. Thanks.

From Voicepulse FAQ:

Q: How many calls can I make or receive at the same time using the VoicePulse Connect for Asterisk service?

A: There is currently a limit of four concurrent incoming calls and four concurrent outgoing calls per account. We do offer Wholesale account services which include increased number of concurrent channels.

I need more than 4. Starting out I need at least 10. Do you know the cost for wholesale services they offer?

I think beyond 4 channels its like $8/mo/channel or something…

[quote=“clint317”]From Voicepulse FAQ:

Q: How many calls can I make or receive at the same time using the VoicePulse Connect for Asterisk service?

A: There is currently a limit of four concurrent incoming calls and four concurrent outgoing calls per account. We do offer Wholesale account services which include increased number of concurrent channels.

I need more than 4. Starting out I need at least 10. Do you know the cost for wholesale services they offer?[/quote]

Look at Voxbone.

Voicepulse wants $20 per month extra for each additional line over 4.

I will check out Voxbone and let you know what I find. Thanks

Voxbone is worse I think. They only have 2 channels to start and charge per 10 additional channels, $360 setup and $260 month. Thats $26 per month each channel. But if you get 250+ channels, cost only $21 month per channel.

This is getting harder than I thought. Still need to look at Splitfinity and MyPhonecompany.

Isn’t there a service that gives you unlimited channels and charges per minute?

Well, Splitfinity doesn’t say anything anywhere about using service with your own device (BYOD) or termination services.

MyPhonecompany has three plans:
$60 - phone line (w/3000 minutes US & Can)
$10 - phone line (w/300 minutes US & Can)
$5 - phone line (w/60 minutes US & Can)

I’m thinking maybe people don’t understand my original question. I don’t need a bunch of phone numbers. I need only one phone number for calls coming in. Otherwise I need to make 5-10 calls out at the same time (10-20 channels, but I don’t need phone #'s for those channels).

Another way to put it is that I need 1 channel with a DID for incoming, then I need 10+ channels for calls going out.

Doesn’t anyone run a calling-card service or a click-to-call application? What VoIP service provider do you use if you don’t use your own PRI T1 lines?

I think I found the one. Unlimited channels, low startup, no extra setup fees.

Diamondcard.us

And here is another, no limit on channels: Sellvoip.net

Turns out I can find for myself more than you guys can or will. Am I an expert yet?

Hi,

Please check gafachi.com/

or we are all happy with our ITSP and don’t need to do someone elses’s donkey work.

are you an expert ? aren’t both these providers are listed on the wiki ??? if that’s how you found them then you’re on the way :smiley:

[quote=“sekhar”]Hi,

Please check gafachi.com/[/quote]

They don’t offer unlimited outbound channels. They also don’t offer IAX2 or GSM.