H.323 and Asterisk 1.4.0

Dear Asterisk Guys

Could you please let me know how to build “chan_h323.so” module and work H.323 protocol in Asterisk 1.4.0?
After I complied Asterisk 1.4.0, Pwlib 1.10.0 and Openh323 1.18.0, I couldn’t find the “chan_h323.so” modules in the directory /usr/lib/asterisk/modules.
And the more, I couldn’t find the file “chan_h323.o” and “chan_h323.so” in the directory asterisk-1.4.0/channels after I have compiled.

Thanks in advance and Best Regards,
Mizuki

did you read README in /usr/src/asterisk/channels/h323 ?

if you used “make opt” when compiling pwlib and oh323 then change to the directory above and issue the same command. then recompile Asterisk after ensuring you’ve now selected it in the options.

I have resolved this problem like this procedure.

1. Enter “make menuconfig” command at the Asterisk directory.
    [root@mtashiro asterisk-1.4.0]# make menuconfig

2. Then, the menu would be displayed like this.

Asterisk Module Selection

Press 'h' for help.

—> 1. Applications
2. Call Detail Recording
3. Channel Drivers
4. Codec Translators
5. Format Interpreters
6. Dialplan Functions
7. PBX Modules
8. Resource Modules
9. Voicemail Build Options
10. Compiler Flags
11. Module Embedding
12. Core Sound Packages
13. Music On Hold File Packages
14. Extras Sound Packages

1. By pressing arrow key, select “3. Channel Drivers” like this. And prese the Enter key.

Press 'h' for help.
1.  Applications
2.  Call Detail Recording

—> 3. Channel Drivers
4. Codec Translators
5. Format Interpreters
6. Dialplan Functions
7. PBX Modules
8. Resource Modules
9. Voicemail Build Options
10. Compiler Flags
11. Module Embedding
12. Core Sound Packages
13. Music On Hold File Packages
14. Extras Sound Packages

1. Then, the menu would be displayed like this.
    Move your cursel to “5. chan_h323” and press SPACE key to select chan_h323 module for installation.

Press 'h' for help.
[*] 1.  chan_agent
[*] 2.  chan_alsa
[*] 3.  chan_features

XXX 4. chan_gtalk
[] 5. chan_h323
[
] 6. chan_iax2
[] 7. chan_local
[
] 8. chan_mgcp
XXX 9. chan_misdn
XXX 10. chan_nbs
[] 11. chan_oss
[
] 12. chan_phone
[] 13. chan_sip
[
] 14. chan_skinny
XXX 15. chan_vpb
[*] 16. chan_zap

1. Press “x”, save changing and exit from this menu.

2. Enter “make” and “make install”.
    You’ll be able to find the module “chan_h323.so” in /usr/lib/asterisk/modules".

Beginning this year, chan_h323 will be active by default if all dependencies are resolved (openh323/pwlib can be located by configure script and their versions are compatible with chan_h323).

Hello forum,
I find this article useful.
mizukitashiro wrote:

I have resolved this problem like this procedure.

1. Enter “make menuconfig” command at the Asterisk directory.
    [root@mtashiro asterisk-1.4.0]# make menuconfig
  2. Then, the menu would be displayed like this.
    Move your cursel to “5. chan_h323” and press SPACE key to select >chan_h323 module for installation.

Press ‘h’ for help.
[] 1. chan_agent
[
] 2. chan_alsa
[] 3. chan_features
XXX 4. chan_gtalk
XXX 5. chan_h323 <----- i get XXX instead of [
]
[] 6. chan_iax2
[
] 7. chan_local
[] 8. chan_mgcp
XXX 9. chan_misdn
XXX 10. chan_nbs
[
] 11. chan_oss
[] 12. chan_phone
[
] 13. chan_sip
[] 14. chan_skinny
XXX 15. chan_vpb
[
] 16. chan_zap
5. Press “x”, save changing and exit from this menu.
6. Enter “make” and “make install”.
You’ll be able to find the module “chan_h323.so” >in /usr/lib/asterisk/modules".

I get the following:
XXX 5. chan_h323 <----- i get XXX instead of [*]
The NuFone Network’s OpenH323 Channel Driver
Depends on: openh323(E)
The system is RHEL4 with pwlib-1.6.5-11 and openh323-1.13.4-7 installed.
How do i check/fix XXX, which means dependencies or a conflict exists?

Thanks in advance,
Edwin

This means that not all dependencies are resolved. It might be shown below what exact dependency is not resolved (for example, I have: Depends on: openh323), am I right?

You should have version of openh323 to be at least 1.17.3 and version of pwlib to be at least 1.9.2, so upgrade your openh323/pwlib, and H.323 environment will be detected successfully.

a have installed pwlib
then i installed opnh3232 below
what’s wrong ??

[root@localhost openh323_v1_19_0_1]# make
make P_SHAREDLIB=1 opt
make[1]: Entering directory /usr/local/src/openh323_v1_19_0_1' make -C src opt make[2]: Entering directory/usr/local/src/openh323_v1_19_0_1/src’
g++ -D_REENTRANT -Wall -fPIC -DPIC -DPTRACING -I/usr/local/src/openh323_v1_19_0_1/include -I/usr/local/src/pwlib_v1_10_3//include -Os -felide-constructors -c h323ep.cxx -o /usr/local/src/openh323_v1_19_0_1/lib/obj_linux_x86_r/h323ep.o
/usr/local/src/openh323_v1_19_0_1/include/h4601.h: In member function âH460_FeatureContent::operator H460_FeatureTable*()â:
/usr/local/src/openh323_v1_19_0_1/include/h4601.h:292: warning: type-punning to incomplete type might break strict-aliasing rules
h323ep.cxx: In member function âPNatMethod* H323EndPoint::GetPreferedNatMethod(const PIPSocket::Address&)â:
h323ep.cxx:3211: error: âclass PNatStrategyâ has no member named âGetNATListâ
h323ep.cxx:3215: error: âclass PNatMethodâ has no member named âGetNatMethodNameâ
make[2]: *** [/usr/local/src/openh323_v1_19_0_1/lib/obj_linux_x86_r/h323ep.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory /usr/local/src/openh323_v1_19_0_1/src' make[1]: *** [opt] Error 2 make[1]: Leaving directory/usr/local/src/openh323_v1_19_0_1’
make: *** [optshared] Error 2

Hi guys

I also have similar issue trying to install pwlib/openh323. Both are from the Mimas patch2. here is what my error looks like when tried runni g the pw_Mimas_patch2 on my FC6 Box already running Asterisk.

/usr/src/pwlib_Mimas_patch2/include/ptclib/html.h:946: warning: ‘class PHTML::SubmitButton’ has virtual functions but non-virtual destructor
…/…/ptclib/asner.cxx: In member function ‘PString PASN_Choice::GetTagName() const’:
…/…/ptclib/asner.cxx:2112: error: ‘psprintf’ was not declared in this scope
make[2]: *** [/usr/src/pwlib_Mimas_patch2/lib/obj_linux_x86_r/asner.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory /usr/src/pwlib_Mimas_patch2/src/ptlib/unix' make[1]: *** [opt] Error 2 make[1]: Leaving directory/usr/src/pwlib_Mimas_patch2’

any clue on how to resolve this.

Cheers.

Hi guys

I also have similar issue trying to install pwlib/openh323. Both are from the Mimas patch2. here is what my error looks like when tried runni g the pw_Mimas_patch2 on my FC6 Box already running Asterisk.

/usr/src/pwlib_Mimas_patch2/include/ptclib/html.h:946: warning: ‘class PHTML::SubmitButton’ has virtual functions but non-virtual destructor
…/…/ptclib/asner.cxx: In member function ‘PString PASN_Choice::GetTagName() const’:
…/…/ptclib/asner.cxx:2112: error: ‘psprintf’ was not declared in this scope
make[2]: *** [/usr/src/pwlib_Mimas_patch2/lib/obj_linux_x86_r/asner.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory /usr/src/pwlib_Mimas_patch2/src/ptlib/unix' make[1]: *** [opt] Error 2 make[1]: Leaving directory/usr/src/pwlib_Mimas_patch2’

any clue on how to resolve this.

Cheers.

You may want to have a look at this tutorial: astrecipes.net/index.php?q=astre … 0+and+h323

Thanks for that link. But I followed every step at that Link and I had the following errors after doing make clean opt for openh323_v1_18_0;

usr/src/openh323_v1_18_0/lib/obj_linux_x86_r/lid.o
g++ -D_REENTRANT -Wall -fPIC -DPIC -DPTRACING -I/usr/src/openh323_v1_18_0/include -I/usr/src/pwlib_v1_10_3//include -Os -felide-constructors -c ixjunix.cxx -o /usr/src/openh323_v1_18_0/lib/obj_linux_x86_r/ixjunix.o
In file included from ixjunix.cxx:491:
/usr/src/openh323_v1_18_0/include/ixjlid.h:277:28: error: linux/compiler.h: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [/usr/src/openh323_v1_18_0/lib/obj_linux_x86_r/ixjunix.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/openh323_v1_18_0/src’
make: *** [opt] Error 2

How can I resolve this error.

Cheers to all.

Hi all,

This problem persist on my FC6 box with zaptel-1.4.4 and Asterisk-1.4.10 installed. any clue on how to reslove the error above?

Cheers to all.

I am using Fedora 7. Have wasted 3 days on trying to install pwlib & openh323. I have tried all the different versions found on different sites (openh323.org, sourceforge.net etc). Last update on openh323.org is made in 2003, but this site seems to be home of openh323… On sourceforge there are newer versions spread on different pages/packages, don’t know why…
As I understand all packages are outdated and therefore incompatible or hardly compatible with nowaday operating systems and there are no concrete answers how to handle bunch of errors while trying to installing those.

Maybe someone could share thoughts/experience with installing pwlib/openh323 in 2007, on Fedora 7? It is really becoming disaster for me.

BTW h323 readme file included in asterisk 1.4.10 install package is dated 2002 :unamused:

[duplicated]

I have somehow managed installing pwlib and openh323 and it works now.

.[quote] have somehow managed installing pwlib and openh323 and it works now.
[/quote]

Hi georgy,

I am happy to hear that you now have it working. Can you please point out where things are going wrong, so we can join you to have it working.

Cheers

kayodea
If I only knew where is the point…

I just think the most important part is to have exact versions of pwlib and openh323:
downloads.sourceforge.net/openh3 … src-tar.gz

use part of this -> astrecipes.net/index.php?from=10 … 0+and+h323 and this -> channels/h323/README file ocated in asterisk source directory

keep looking into error messages, install dependencies, use google etc…

I think there is no logic in all this, just luck…

and kayodea,
regarding this:
[color=red]/usr/src/openh323_v1_18_0/include/ixjlid.h:277:28: error: linux/compiler.h: No such file or directory [/color]

you probably have kernel sources somewhere like /usr/src/kernel/kernel-version
you should be able to find compiler.h in includes/linux directory. copy it to /usr/include/linux and then restart pwlib installation.

I only have /usr/lib/asterisk/modules/chan_ooh323.so, I don’t have chan_h323.so What could be the problem. I did the make menuconfig

daye
read channels/h323/README carefully and make sure h323 is selected in menuconfig