H.323 and Asterisk 1.4.0

[quote]/usr/src/openh323_v1_18_0/include/ixjlid.h:277:28: error: linux/compiler.h: No such file or directory

you probably have kernel sources somewhere like /usr/src/kernel/kernel-version
you should be able to find compiler.h in includes/linux directory. copy it to /usr/include/linux and then restart pwlib installation.[/quote]

Thanks man, I copied compiler.h to /usr/include/linux and recompile everything from scratch, set the environment variable as described in the README file and everything installed fine.

I now have module h323.so installed and working perfectly.

Note to F7 Guys;

make sure you copy the compiler.h as mensioned above

make sure you set environment variables before you change directory to /channels/h323 to do make clean opt

after the step above, you can now change back to /asterisk-version directory and do ./configure, make menuselect (and select h323 (in my case its selected for me automatically after doing ./configure)), and then do make (after make u will get and error, telling you to do make again), so do make again, and followed by make install.

This is how i got it installed with out any errors. I hope this finally installed H323 with Asterisk for F7.

Cheers to all

kayodea
Wow, never expected my notes could help cause I was complicated myself :smile: I am happy you did it :smile:

Hello,

It’s possible to make video call H323 on asterisk.
Do you know some version of h323 free or not free ?
Thank

;dirty hack for compiler.h problem

cd /usr/include/linux
touch compiler.h

and installs without problem on Debian for me.

MOR - Advance billing for Asterisk PBX
kolmisoft.com/mor

Well, I’m having a similar problem in Ubuntu Gutsy (7.10) AMD64 and the latest version of Asterisk 1.4.13…
I have OpenH323 & PWLib both installed, on ./configure of Asterisk, I get:

checking if PWLib version 1.10.10 is compatible with chan_h323... yes
checking PWLib installation validity... yes
checking /usr/share/pwlib/../openh323/version.h usability... yes
checking /usr/share/pwlib/../openh323/version.h presence... yes
checking for /usr/share/pwlib/../openh323/version.h... yes
checking for /usr/share/pwlib/../openh323/include/h323.h... yes
checking if OpenH323 version 1.18.0 is compatible with chan_h323... yes
checking OpenH323 build option... opt
checking OpenH323 installation validity... no
checking h323.h usability... no
checking h323.h presence... no
checking for h323.h... no

In the menuselect, I am unable to select h323 channel because it has an XXX.

Any suggestions??

first do:

cd /usr/src/asterisk
./configure

only then do:

make menuselect

here you should be able to choose h323 because ./configure finds pwlib and openh323, then:

make
make install
make samples
make config

MOR - Advance billing for Asterisk PBX
kolmisoft.com/mor

[quote=“mkezys”]first do:
cd /usr/src/asterisk
./configure

only then do:

make menuselect

here you should be able to choose h323 because ./configure finds pwlib and openh323, then:
[/quote]
This is the procedure that I followed exactly; however, the problem is, after make menuselect the option for h323 is disabled. I am unable to select it because it has XXX on it, but as indicated in my earlier post, it appears that asterisk configure script detected both h323 and pwlib.

I was having the exact same problem and found that the version of asterisk made the difference for me.

Under asterisk-1.4.26 i would see checking OpenH323 installation validity… no

I downloaded asterisk-1.4.8 and did nothing else but untar and ./configure and it worked perfectly: checking OpenH323 installation validity… yes

The specific version of asterisk was the culprit.

Follow the instructions on this page astrecipes.net/index.php?q=astre … 0+and+h323

(Note: I did not need to install pri or zaptel drivers)