Dynamic Info Display on Caller ID Screen

Hi Everyone,

I was hoping that a feature I’m looking for exists with Asterisk, but haven’t had much luck finding anything.

What I’m looking for is a way to show dynamic information on my phone’s caller ID display. For example, when dialing someone’s extension number it would actually show the name associated with it in the server. Or, maybe there’s a way where Comedian Mail could send the envelope information to the display when listening to a message.

I have been looking into ADSI (particularly this: asteriskguru.com/tutorials/adsi_conf.html) but it requires ADSI phones which seems to be an analog solution. Therefore, all ASDI phones aren’t true VoIP Ethernet phones.

Is there any possible way to do this–maybe even over SIP or IAX? If so, do only select phones support it?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

I dont believe that asteris supports it however you can look in to sending the text to the phone however you will have to probably put the info in to a db and pull it with an agi. There are some phones that do it such as the SNOM 360 (the other snom’s may do it too however I never played with them personaly).