DPMA, certified-asterisk-1.8.11-cert2 and undefined symbols

I downloaded and built the certified-asterisk-1.8.11-cert2 package, registered and downloaded the res_digium_phone.so module and attempted to load it only to get this error: *CLI> module load res_digium_phone.so Unable to load module res_digium_phone.so Command 'module load res_digium_phone.so' failed. *CLI> [May 31 10:39:54] WARNING[2131]: loader.c:398 load_dynamic_module: Error loading module 'res_digium_phone.so': /usr/lib/asterisk/modules/res_digium_phone.so: undefined symbol: ast_vm_msg_play [May 31 10:39:54] WARNING[2131]: loader.c:850 load_resource: Module 'res_digium_phone.so' could not be loaded.

As I understand it, undefined symbol errors are what you might expect when you try to load the module in the non-certified branch of asterisk, but I’m at a loss as to where to go from here.

Has anyone had this issue?

Ok, figured it out but ran into another issue ( which I resolved. I’m posting here for those searching ). I simply compiled asterisk without checking to make sure voicemail was enabled; it wasn’t. I enabled, recompiled and installed. Then I got this error: cannot restore segment prot after reloc: Permission denied

This is an SELinux issue. You can resolve it by addressing the exact permissions that asterisk needs to load the module…OR…you can disable SELinux. The latter option is not recommended, but is exactly what I did. :smile:

Hope this helps someone.