Digium DPMA Installation Issues

So after months of no issue with DPMA it finally decided to stop working. I have completely remove its components and now I am trying to reinstall but when I go to load the modules via the CLI I get the old "Unable to module ‘res_digium_phone.so’ ". Upon checking the log I see the follow but don’t know what the heck it mean. Can anyone help me figure this one out?

I’m running Asterisk 1.8.19.1 under PIAF Brown.

loader.c: Error loading module ‘res_digium_phone.so’: /usr/lib/asterisk/modules/res_digium_phone.so: undefined symbol: ast_msg_alloc
loader.c: Module ‘res_digium_phone.so’ could not be loaded.

Howdy,

res_digium_phone.so won’t load int Asterisk 1.8.19.1 because that version of Asterisk doesn’t have out of call MESSAGE support (among a host of other things it lacks)

res_digium_phone.so will load in the -certified branch releases of Asterisk 1.8, the -digiumphones branch releases of Asterisk 10, and any release of Asterisk 11.

If you want to stay on Asterisk 1.8 and use DPMA, you’ll want to be on asterisk-1.8.15-cert1 (the current Certified branch release for 1.8 ).

I suspect that, under the hood, you went from a version of Asterisk that is compatible with DPMA to a version of Asterisk that isn’t, not that DPMA itself specifically failed.

Cheers

Problem solved. Downgraded to 1.8.15-cert1.Thanks Malcolm!

Yay :smile:

I’m getting the “unable to load module res_digium_phones.so” using FreePBX distro BETA-3.211.63-5. As for as I know, that distro uses Asterisk 11. Anyone else have this problem?

What version of DPMA?

Do you have a res_digium_phone.conf file with a [general] section in /etc/asterisk ?

Are there other messages it’s throwing when trying to load?

DPMA version is 11.0_1.5.0

I don’t see a res_digium_phone.conf file in /etc/asterisk

Here’s what I’m seeing:

[user@hostname ~]# asterisk -rx "module load res_digium_phone.so" Unable to load module res_digium_phone.so Command 'module load res_digium_phone.so' failed. [user@hostname ~]#
I’m just following the instructions at https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/DIGIUM/DPMA+Installation

Make one, or copy the sample in and name it res_digium_phone.conf

DPMA 1.5.1, just released yesterday, should throw a notice on the Asterisk CLI if the config file is missing.

Thank you for pointing this out as a deficiency in the documentation. I’ll have it updated shortly.

It’s updated.

Thanks! That seemed to work, but I now can’t find “Digium Phone” in any of the FreePBX drop-down menus. Am I looking in the right place?

That’s a freepbx addon module.

See this thread for someone who installed it for PBX in a Flash - pbxinaflash.com/community/index. … lls.15435/

Ok, its all well and good until I hit this line:

Not sure what i’m supposed to do with that…

What’s confusing about that?

Did you previously run the install-digiphones thing? Ward wrote it, I don’t know what it does.

How familiar are you with FreePBX modules?

You should put the files/contents of what came in the tar.gz file into a FreePBX modules subdirectory called digium_phones

I’m really just winging it here. I know nothing about FreePBX modules. I haven’t ran the install-digiphones script because I don’t know what it is or where to get it.

I put the contents of the tar.gz file into a FreePBX modules subdir called digium_phones, but nothing seemed to happen.

If it’s done right, you should see an option for Digium Phones under the FreePBX Connectivity heading. But, you’ll have to install the module into FreePBX first, before you can see anything under Connectivity, so visit the Module Admin tool under Admin, and install it.

Sorry, I’m not a PBX in a Flash guru. :frowning:

No worries - thanks for your help. FreePBX is a fantastic platform, and I love working with our Digium phones.

I had all of this working in AsteriskNOW (FreePBX 2.10.1.9 with Asterisk 1.8.15), and it was fantastic. Unfortunately, I couldn’t get CDR working properly, so I decided to try my luck with the latest FreePBX distro. Now my issues have reversed - CDR is working, but DPMA is not.

It would be really awesome if Digium and FreePBX collaborated to make the DPMA/Digium Phones addon a natural addition to FreePBX.

Howdy,

If you can wait a couple of days, the CDR problem should resolve itself…be checking that downloads page :smiley:

Hmm that would be awesome. Its really the only thing I’m missing in my current setup.

Will it be an update to the CDR Reports module? Just curious.

Thanks for your hard work!

Negative, brand new version of AsteriskNOW. Switches CentOS from 5.x to 6.x so there’s no upgrade path, you’ll need to start anew.