We did’nt make DPMA module for asterisk. Still digium D40 phones are working. We configured it by taking web page of Digium phones.
But for paging it is not making auto answering…
Form CLI :
== Extension Changed 100[ext-local] new state Ringing for Notify User 100
– SIP/100-00000ab6 is ringing
– Local/FPAGE100@ext-paging-5830;1 is ringing
– Created MeetMe conference 1023 for conference ‘953096279d’
– Nobody picked up in 5000 ms
– Executing [FPAGE100@ext-paging:4] Hangup(“Local/FPAGE100@ext-paging-5830;2”, “”) in new stack
== Extension Changed 100[ext-local] new state Idle for Notify User 100
== Spawn extension (ext-paging, FPAGE100, 4) exited non-zero on ‘Local/FPAGE100@ext-paging-5830;2’
– Hungup ‘DAHDI/pseudo-1413424826’
Is DPMA is necessary for making Paging for Digium phones?
I go through this forum posted in freepbx forum:
freepbx.org/forum/freepbx/ge … ing-answer
If it is necessary can i make with XML provisioning.
please advise me how to do that also…[/quote]
The phone doesn’t ship with any known alerts. You have to add the alerts. The paging is done with the Alert-Info header. If you just configured the phone via the built-in web utility, then no alerts were added to the phone, so it won’t know how to go off-hook. That’s why you use the DPMA or you provision the phone using the XML configuration files.