Direct Calls to Agents In Queue

Hi,

We are having a problem when agents received a direct call, agent is presence is not changing to busy.
What we are trying to achive is that if agents in queue are being directly called or calling someone change state in queue.

For example Agent 20795 is receiving a call (direct call)

888804 has 0 calls (max unlimited) in 'rrordered' strategy (1s holdtime, 1080s talktime), W:0, C:1, A:3, SL:100.0% within 60s
   Members:
      Local/20793@from-queue/n (ringinuse enabled) (dynamic) (Not in use) has taken 1 calls (last was 1146 secs ago)
   No Callers

Then someone calls to queue and we have joinempty=penalty,paused,invalid,unavailable,inuse,ringing, the caller is added to queue instead of sending it to failover.

Agents are added to queue with using Asternet, we have detected that if the agent joins to queue using misc destination the caller is directly going to failover destination.

Queue conf:

[888804]
announce-frequency=0
announce-holdtime=no
announce-frequency=0
announce-holdtime=no
announce-position=no
autofill=no
autopause=no
autopausebusy=no
autopausedelay=0
autopauseunavail=no
eventmemberstatus=no
eventwhencalled=no
joinempty=penalty,paused,invalid,unavailable,inuse,ringing
leavewhenempty=yes
maxlen=0
memberdelay=0
music=moh-to-redes
penaltymemberslimit=0
periodic-announce-frequency=0
queue-callswaiting=silence/1
queue-thereare=silence/1
queue-youarenext=silence/1
reportholdtime=no
retry=3
ringinuse=yes
servicelevel=60
setinterfacevar=yes
strategy=rrordered
timeout=27
timeoutpriority=app
timeoutrestart=no
weight=0
wrapuptime=0

Kind regards

Which channel technology are you using for the agents?

Hi Davic, we are using SIP Channels

Which SIP channel technology driver?

chan_sip

Kind regards

callcounter needs to be enable on the peer before it will give an inuse device state.

I wouldn’t have thought ringinuse was appropriate in this case.

We have enabled callcounter=yes on sip.conf, and it is not working.

There must be another configuration to achieve this.

Add a hint to your queue member based on whatever the local channel actually dials.

I missed that this was a local channel. I was looking for a list of members in queues. conf, and didn’t notice local in the logs. If you use a local channel, you must include the identity of the real channel, in the member definition, as well (the status channel).

1 Like

I think the identity and hin are included:

exten => 20795,1,Set(__RINGTIMER=${IF($[${DB(AMPUSER/20795/ringtimer)} > 0]?${DB(AMPUSER/20795/ringtimer)}:${RINGTIMER_DEFAULT})})
exten => 20795,n,Macro(exten-vm,novm,20795,0,0,0)
exten => 20795,n(dest),Set(__PICKUPMARK=)
exten => 20795,n,Goto(${IVR_CONTEXT},return,1)
exten => 20795,hint,SIP/20795,CustomPresence:20795

As I told you before, it is strange that the status of agent is known when log in queue from dialpad, than from code (asternet method).

Try setting qualify = yes in your sip.conf

You need to add a hint to your member in the queue

Look at the last line of queues.conf.sample that came with asterisk

;member => Local/2000@default,0,Lorem Ipsum,SIP/2000,no

That’s defining a queue member with a local channel that has a state interface of SIP/2000 , you need to define your member similarly.

Continuing the discussion from Direct Calls to Agents In Queue:

Thanks to all for your responses,

The problem is that our queue members are dynamically added to the queues. We are trying to add members using SIP/<extension> instead of Local/<extension>@from-queue/n and it seems that works well.

We need to check the problems of log agents with this mode.

We don’t know if we can log agents to queue using Asternet methods adding hints.

You can specify a hint device with the AddQueueMember function just like you can in the queues.conf entry. it’s an additional parameter.

We are adding members dynamically with a self-development app that uses Asternet QueueAddAction method.

The way the method adds members is like CLI queue add member Local/<extension>@from-queue/n to <Queue>, so we need to do this adding hints or changing member to SIP/<extension> ( I don’t know if there is any problem with adding directly SIP channel for agents in several queues.)

Kind Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.