CallerId with Analogue PSTN

CallerId is configured on my analogue phone line and is displayed okay when my phone is connected to the line however when Asterisk (1.0.5) is connected to the line then I get no CallerId.

Has anyone got CallerId to work with an analogue phone line in Germany (provider T-Com)?

What do I have to do to configure CallerId on inbound calls and where?

The only place I found was in zapata.conf and I did not have any joy in getting the settings there to work, but then again I did not know what to configure for Germany.

; ; Whether or not to use caller ID ; usecallerid=yes ; ; Type of caller ID signalling in use ; bell = bell202 as used in US, v23 = v23 as used in the UK, dtmf = DTMF as used in Denmark, Sweden and Nethe rlands ; ;cidsignalling=bell ; ; What signals the start of caller ID ; ring = a ring signals the start, polarity = polarity reversal signals the start ; ;cidstart=ring ;

thanks in advance for any help.

You’re in the right place. v1.0.5 of Asterisk requires configuration of two variables: cidsignalling and cidstart. The supported values are:
cidsignalling: bell, dtmf, or v23
cidstart: ring, polarity

Bell/ring is the appropriate combination in the US. There’s a great CID FAQ here: ainslie.org.uk/callerid/cli_faq.htm

Unfortunately, it doesn’t shed much light on Germany. If you’ve tried all the possible combinations of the above, you’re probably out of luck. :frowning:

Good luck!

-jbn

Hi,

I tried all the combinations from the following

I even tried using two different extension scripts because I was not sure if I had to answer the inbound call or not

[inbound-analog]
exten => s,1,Answer
exten => s,2,Wait(1)
exten => s,3,NoOp(${CALLERID})
exten => s,4,Hangup
[inbound-analog]
exten => s,1,Wait(2)
exten => s,2,NoOp(${CALLERID})
exten => s,3,Hangup

and I got exactly the same result for all 12 calls
[ul]
Apr 12 20:38:48 NOTICE[1657]: callerid.c:306 callerid_feed: Caller*ID failed checksum
Apr 12 20:38:49 NOTICE[1657]: chan_zap.c:5368 ss_thread: Got event 2 (Ring/Answered)…
Apr 12 20:38:53 WARNING[1657]: chan_zap.c:5439 ss_thread: CallerID returned with error on channel ‘Zap/1-1’
[/ul]