CallerID on dutch (KPN) analogue lines

Hi,
I’ve read about more people having issues with this, but not found any solutions that work for me as well.

I have a * installation with a 4 port “Wildcard TDM400P REV I Board 1”.

On two of the ports I have a analogue (KPN) line, which works fine for in- and outbound calls. For some reason though I’m not getting callerID for incomming calls.

Just to be clear: when I hookup a normal phone on the line, I do see callerID.

So, what could I try, who has solved this?

Hi,

you have to use a small device for callerid convertion. From DTMF to FSK.
The one I have is:
emay.com.tw/cgi-bin/search.c … +Converter
Don’t know where to buy it in Holland, but if you get one, it will work.

TheYOSH

OK… thanks!

Let me get this right though…

KPN, the pride of Holland (ahum), uses a DTMF signal to send the CID. The digium board, or Asterisk, exepects something called FSK.

The device you direct me to does some magic and converts one to the other…

2 questions:

1. I presume this is an issue only with analogue lines, ISDN uses a different system?
  2. is there no way to have asterisk do this conversion, or make it understand DTMF?

Cheers!

Beetje rare vragen, want je hebt een analoge kaart voor Asterisk… dus daar kan geen ISDN op.

1. ISDN is een ander systeem. Is dus niet te vergelijken. Je bent ook andere hardware nodig dan analoge lijnen.
  2. Nee, de hardware van asterisk snapt geen DTMF. Daarom ben je een converter nodig. Is een hardware matig iets… kun je ook niet met software fixen.

TheYOSH

Ik snap dat ISDN iets heel anders is dan analoog…

maar gelukkig heb ik wel meer machines en meer hardware, en wilde ik in dit geval gewoon begrijpen hoe het werkt!

Bedankt!