[PROBLEM] Caller ID

My asterisk 1.6.2 not detect caller ID.
My line from PSTN is DTMF type.

Help me please!

What’s your means of termination to the PSTN?

Digium telephony card?

Other?

When you say the line is DTMF type, do you just mean analogue, or do you mean that CLID is delivered using DTMF. Knowing the country and operator might help someone familiar with that country.

My card is TDM410.

My line is analogue.
My chan_dahdi file:

; Auto-generated by /usr/sbin/hardware_detector
[trunkgroups]

[channels]
context=from-pstn
signalling=fxs_ks
rxwink=300              ; Atlas seems to use long (250ms) winks
usecallerid=yes
hidecallerid=no
callwaiting=yes
usecallingpres=yes
callwaitingcallerid=yes
threewaycalling=yes
transfer=yes
canpark=yes
cancallforward=yes
callreturn=yes
echocancel=yes
echocancelwhenbridged=no
faxdetect=incoming
echotraining=800
rxgain=0.0
txgain=0.0
callgroup=1
pickupgroup=1

;Uncomment these lines if you have problems with the disconection of your analog lines
busydetect=yes
busycount=5
canpark=yes

immediate=no

#include dahdi-channels.conf
#include chan_dahdi_additional.conf

I use elastix.

Unless you are in the USA, there are a lot more things you may need to set, starting with:

; Type of caller ID signalling in use ; bell = bell202 as used in US (default) ; v23 = v23 as used in the UK ; v23_jp = v23 as used in Japan ; dtmf = DTMF as used in Denmark, Sweden and Netherlands ; smdi = Use SMDI for caller ID. Requires SMDI to be enabled (usesmdi). ; ;cidsignalling=v23

Unless you tell us your country and network, no-one will know what they should be.

My country is Uruguay.
My provider is Antel (state’s).

ainslie.org.uk/callerid.htm suggests you will need calleridsignalling=dtmf. You may need other options.

Where I put that option?.

Help me please!

In the source for asterisk there is a chan_dahdi.conf.sample.

Looking in this file will show many of the options available. Below was taken from it…

; Whether or not to use caller ID: ; usecallerid=yes ; ; Type of caller ID signalling in use ; bell = bell202 as used in US (default) ; v23 = v23 as used in the UK ; v23_jp = v23 as used in Japan ; dtmf = DTMF as used in Denmark, Sweden and Netherlands ; smdi = Use SMDI for caller ID. Requires SMDI to be enabled (usesmdi). ; ;cidsignalling=v23 ; ; What signals the start of caller ID ; ring = a ring signals the start (default) ; polarity = polarity reversal signals the start ; polarity_IN = polarity reversal signals the start, for India, ; for dtmf dialtone detection; using DTMF. ; (see doc/India-CID.txt) ; ;cidstart=polarity