Asterisk Gui 2.0 - Cannot add Phone to system

Asterisk Build:
Asterisk/1.6.0.6
Asterisk GUI-version : SVN-branch-2.0-r4634

Question: I can add a user and phone MAC address to the system, however, the phone does not show up as available in the Asterisk System Status page. Is there something I have to trigger to make an extension available?

Thanks,
Mike

make sure you add the phone as a user… and also that you apply chanes after you add the user… this puts the new user into service…

-Christopher

I added a new user via the GUI’s Users menu:
Entered in the following information, saved, reloaded, and even restarted Asterisk. Still not working.

CallerID Name: Mike Hendrie
Dial Plan: LocalPlan
CallerID Number:
Enabled Voicemail:
Access Pin: 0476
Mail Address: Mike@adress.com
-Technology-
Sip
IAX
Analog Station: none
Flash:
reflash:
-Voip Settings-
MAC Address:
Sip/AIX Password:
insecure: very

The Phones are on the network with an IP via DHCP. I can connect to the phones web interface so I know that is working. The phones that I am using are: AASTRA 55i and Linksys PAP2T-NA

Any more suggestions? An I forgetting something? Do I need to do something first before adding them?

Thanks,
Mike

if you go to the asterisk CLI and then reboot the phone, so you see the phone attempting to register to asterisk?.. from the linux prompt do asterisk -vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvr

If the phone is not making registration the asterisk CLI should be spitting out some type of error message,
-Christopher

bash-3.1# asterisk -vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvr
Asterisk 1.6.0.6, Copyright © 1999 - 2008 Digium, Inc. and others.
Created by Mark Spencer markster@digium.com
Asterisk comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; type ‘core show warranty’ for details.
This is free software, with components licensed under the GNU General Public
License version 2 and other licenses; you are welcome to redistribute it under
certain conditions. Type ‘core show license’ for details.

== Parsing ‘/etc/asterisk/asterisk.conf’: == Found
== Parsing ‘/etc/asterisk/extconfig.conf’: == Found
Connected to Asterisk 1.6.0.6 currently running on Slacker (pid = 6001)
Verbosity was 0 and is now 16
– Remote UNIX connection
[Mar 24 14:12:07] NOTICE[6017]: chan_sip.c:9447 sip_reg_timeout: – Registration for 'XXXX@inbound7.vitelity.net’ timed out, trying again (Attempt #2)
[Mar 24 14:12:27] NOTICE[6017]: chan_sip.c:9447 sip_reg_timeout: – Registration for 'XXXX@inbound7.vitelity.net’ timed out, trying again (Attempt #3)

that shows your vitelity registration is dieing but doesnt show your phones even trying to register… makes me think there is a msconfiguration in the phone somewhere… im assuming you can ping the phones from the Linux command line of the asterisk server? so that you know network connectivity exists… after you went into the CLI did you reboot the phones and look for CLI output?
the phones SIP registration should be pointed at the IP of your asterisk and not at the Vitelity… (programming in the phone itself)
-Christopher

I see what you are talking about. I did not configure the phone properly. Here is the information that I now get:

[Mar 24 15:11:44] NOTICE[6017]: chan_sip.c:9447 sip_reg_timeout: – Registration for 'fire_mh@inbound7.vitelity.net’ timed out, trying again (Attempt #163)
[Mar 24 15:11:48] NOTICE[6017]: chan_sip.c:18529 handle_request_register: Registration from ‘sip:(847)366-5881@10.2.1.104’ failed for ‘10.2.1.100’ - No matching peer found

you are helping me greatly. Thank you. Can you tell me why I am still failing?

-Mike

in the phone itself you need to have the SIP username on the phone be the same sip username you used on the asterisk user… presumably the extension number of the phone… whats going to happen is your phone will register to the asterisk as an extension… and then the asterisk will register to the vitelity…
-Christopher

The information that you see with vitelity is the trunk information. I did not configure the phone with that information.

Asterisk server is: 10.2.1.104

The Phone Aastra 55i:

The phone has a field for SIP
Authentication Name:6000
Password: 77cb2cf4
Screen Name: HNI
Phone Number: 8473665881
Caller ID:Mike Hendrie
Proxy Server:10.2.1.104
Outbound Proxy server:10.2.1.104
Registrar server:10.2.1.104
Registrar Port:0

The Asterisk GUI 2.0:

Extension: 6000
Caller ID name:Mike Hendrie
Caller ID number: 8473665881
Mac address: XXX
SIP/IAX Password: 77cb2cf4
Insecure:very

[Mar 24 17:39:36] NOTICE[6017]: chan_sip.c:18529 handle_request_register: Registration from ‘sip:(847)366-5881@10.2.1.104’ failed for ‘10.2.1.100’ - No matching peer found

I am missing something. I just do not know what.

Thanks,
Mike

If it would help to explain what I am doing please take at the following screen shots that I found on the web:

Example of phone config page is here:

http://www.junctionnetworks.com/knowledgebase/onsip/devices/phone-configuration/aastra/aastra-5xi-51i-53i-55i-57i-57i-ct

Example of Asterisk’s user config page is here:

http://www.asterisknow.org/node/48514

I think the issue is related to my lack of knowledge of both systems.

Best Regards and Thank you,
Mike

The issue that I was was configuring the phone to work with the Asterisk system. The multiple user names and password fields had me at a loss. Now that I have them in the correct order, I am good to go.

Thank you for all of your help.

Mike