Adding users through web GUI not working

Hey guys, I’m extremely new to this Asterisk and Linux stuff in general. I am working at a company right now and they asked me to play around with this to see if they could maybe use Asterisk as a VOiP box. So, I setup a box that we had laying around, there are no VoIP or digital cards in the box, just a network card.

I used the web GUI to add users with extensions in asterisk, and I am trying to use x-lite to test it out, but it doesn’t work. X-lite will not register with the asterisk server using the users I setup. But, when I use the sip.conf and extensions.conf files and enter users manuall, it works fine. Is there something I am missing here? Thanks in advance to everyone!!

What do you have on the general settings for sip.conf ? Any errors in the CLI when it does not work ?

are you using asterisknow? or did you install a linux distro and compile asterisk yourself and if so what version of asterisk, and what version of the gui are you using?
Are the extensions still in the gui after you logout and log back in?
Did you follow the instructions on this page?
asteriskNOW.org/install-related

same problem. gui is not working.
asterisk+asterisk-gui:trunk
cli message when changing Options submenu:

== Parsing '/etc/asterisk/users.conf':   == Found
  == Saving '/etc/asterisk/users.conf':   == Saved

but no changes written although the users.conf file is edited ok with correct datetime sign except new ext. number.

When I try to change conf files from gui, I get a 404 error

Another error is that many null lines are inserted.

How can I debug asterisk http ?
I recompile it and the following is returned when I inserted a new user :

gui is unpredictable.

It works for dialing rules, but it won’t work adding users, misdn cards etc.

code: latest svn , Suse 10.3

Asterisk gui had errors.
Find new gui in svn gui branch 2.0
Solves all previous problems.

make your own gui like us, switchvox and others don’t deliver batch processing of lots of users