I’ve upgraded Asterisk from 1.8.3 to 184.108.40.206 (tried 220.127.116.11 first) . Now, I experience these problems:
- config reload /etc/asterisk/extensions.conf
No such module ‘pbx_config’
- core stop gracefully
No such command ‘core stop gracefully’ (type ‘core show help core stop gracefully’ for other possible commands)
- Incoming callers don’t hear the ringing tone (I do answer follow by dial).
Downgrading fixes the issues so it is not a change in my config files. I’ve looked at the ChangeLog but I don’t see anything that would require change to my config files in 18.104.22.168 (unless I missed something).
I’ve verified that pbx_config.so is in module directory and it has all the dependencies. I use module auto loading.
My system is 64bit Slackware 13.37.
Anybody else has such issues? After my failures, I compiled 22.214.171.124 and downgraded to that. I have no issues with that versions.
I have just tested 126.96.36.199 and I cannot duplicate any of these three issues.
Perhaps you have some old modules in /usr/lib/asterisk/modules?
Try removing them:
rm -rf /usr/lib/asterisk/modules*
Then re-installing 188.8.131.52
I cannot be of help, but just so you don’t feel alone: I had similar issues with 1.8.4; “core show version” was not available, and the dialplan failed because there was no application Gosub. I reverted to 184.108.40.206 and now all is ok again. I thought it was probably a build issue, but I didn’t have time to investigate.
Thanks! Removing /usr/lib64/asterisk/modules helped to narrow down the problem. It was G729 binary module that was causing the problem. I downloaded a newer one from Digium website and now 220.127.116.11 is working fine.
It is interested how the whole system became unstable as a result of one older module.
Interesting - thanks for working it out! I have the g729 module installed, so it was probably the same problem. I’ll try again in a couple of weeks.