Zaptel driver error with centos4.2

I have installed centos 4.2 with asterisk 1.2.

When i type make in zaptel directory to compile it , it has the below error

[quote]You do not appear to have the sources for the 2.6.9-22.0.1.EL kernel installed.
make: *** [linux26] Error 1[/quote]

is it because the kernel 2.6.9-22.0.1.EL not compatiable with zaptel driver?

Thanks in advance.

no, it’s because it can’t find the source for the kernel you’re running. do you have them installed and linked to ?

centos 4.2 (rhel4 update 2) does not come with kernel-source anymore, u need to recompile from srpms n install first

I’m having the exact same trouble. I’m still a pretty big Newb to Linux, and I don’t quite understand terrywongkl’s instructions. What is ‘srpms’? Are we recompiling Zaptel, or the Kernel?

I know that this isn’t a Linux support board, but I’m stuck and I’d really appreciate some more detail.

Thanks

have you triedyum install kernel-source

[quote]have you tried
Code:

Yep. Yum tells me that there is no match for argument kernel-source.

ok, i’ve just gone to a CentOS mirror via FTP and in the 4.2/SRPMS folder there is a kernel source rpm. try installing that ?

I called Digium support and they sent me the instructions pasted below.

Apparently the command ‘uname -r’ returns the kernel version. I found that I had to

i have linux-2.6.9-22.0.1.EL but how come zaptel required linux-2.6.9-22.ELsmp.

Where to download this kernel? used the yum install kernel-source also cant.

thanks.

goto download this
whatever_centos_mirror/CentOS/4. … EL.src.rpm
as root
rpm -ivh kernel-2.6.9-22.0.1.EL.src.rpm
goto /usr/src/redhat/SPEC/
edit the kernel-2.6.spec file
from line 6 onward, change as the following :
%define buildup 0
%define buildsmp 0
%define buildsource 1
%define buildhugemem 0
%define builddoc 0
%define kabi 1

then
rpmbuild -bb --target=i686 kernel-2.6.spec
it will build a kernel-sourcecode & kernel-debug rpm in /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/i686/
install the kernel-source rpm by
rpm -ivh /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/i686/kernel-sourcecode-2.6.9-22.0.1.EL.i686.rpm

done!
digium instruction for symbolic link the directory should work fine too, however i compile/install this just for convenient sake when compile any packages require kernel source, need not crack my head to find other solution.

dont have redhat folder in /usr/src/.

Just have /usr/src/
asterisk
build
linux-2.6
linux-2.6.9-22.0.1.EL
linux-2.6.9-22.0.1.ELsmp

When i rpm -ivh , error: cannot create %sourcedir /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES

Thanks

i never come across something like that with rpm-based distro, u should have /usr/src/redhat after rpm tools install, can u check your installation from Add/Remove Application, under Development,i have default Development Tools, X Software Development, n Legacy Software Development installed. the rpm build tree is always there for me, so never know exactly how to create manually. normally i only need to create non-root user rpm build tree which u can refer from here:
fedoranews.org/tchung/rpmbuild/

the previous error manage to solve by install the lower version of centos 3.4…but another new fresh error when compiling zaptel as below:

make: *** [zaptel.o] Error 1

appear when i type the command “make” in zaptel-1.20 folder.

any idea?

Thanks. Existing…everytime got problem…

create a symlink of that kernel from /lib/modules/uname -r/build to /usr/src subfolder

After /lib/modules/uname -r/build to /usr/src still got the same error as below:

zaptel.c:6423: storage size of zt_fops' isn't known /usr/include/linux/proc_fs.h:193: warning:create_proc_read_entry’ declared `static’ but never defined

thanks in advance

I’m in the same boat. I’m getting the same error.

[quote=“sllc”]After /lib/modules/uname -r/build to /usr/src still got the same error as below:

zaptel.c:6423: storage size of zt_fops' isn't known /usr/include/linux/proc_fs.h:193: warning:create_proc_read_entry’ declared `static’ but never defined

thanks in advance[/quote]

That should be a symlink from /lib/modules/`uname -r`/build (notice the ) Does CentOS 3.4 come with a 2.6 kernel?