Upgrade 1.4.21.2 to 1.4.42?

We’re currently running Asterisk 1.4.21.2 on top of CentOS 5.2 with FreePBX 2.5.2.6 thrown on top.

We’ve recently moved our PRI onto an Adtran device with a SIP trunk, and we’re getting bitten by a bug that sounds awfully similar to the one reported here: issues.asterisk.org/view.php?id=13209

I assume that Asterisk 1.4.42 probably includes that bugfix. Is this correct? Has that bug been resolved in this version? If not, has it been resolved in a later version?

Assuming that the bug is fixed in 1.4.42… How painful a process is it to upgrade from the version we’re running? It can’t be as simple as a yum install, can it? Will I need to build from source? Is my existing configuration likely to keep working, or not?

Absolutely any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

There is unlikely to be a 1.4.43 and it won’t fix normal bugs. 1.4 and 1.6 are in security fixes only mode.

According to the SVN log it is. I imagine you could also have confirmed this from the ChangeLog.

Thank you for your response David.

If both 1.4.x and 1.6.x are in security-fixes-only mode, we’d probably be better off moving up to 1.8.x

What kind of upgrade am I looking at here? We’ll be jumping several versions… I have to assume things will break.

Is there any good documentation out there? A nice, clean how-to?