[SOLVED] Dependencies for chan_sip.so to get built?

Problem : I want the chan_sip.so module to get installed. But it isn’t.

I followed the installation instructions to install Asterisk from Asterisk Definitive Guide. It installed fine.

When I do “make menuselect” and select “Channel drivers”; the option “chan_sip” has been marked as XXX - which means for this driver the dependencies have not been met or a conflict exists.

Now I would like to have this driver chan_sip installed. What are the dependencies that I need to install so that this gets built and installed.?

Asterisk 11.3.0
Ubuntu 12.04LTS

make menuselect tells you which dependencies are failed.

The most common failure is the lack of the encryption libraries.

yes david you are right. It depends on res-crypto module which is not installed. And that depends on openssl which appears to be broken.

I ran

sudo ./configure --with-ssl=/opt/local --with-crypto=/opt/local for asterisk
configure finally ended with this output

[code]…

configure: ***
configure: *** The CRYPTO installation appears to be missing or broken.
configure: *** Either correct the installation, or run configure
configure: *** including --without-crypto.

configure: ***
configure: *** The OPENSSL installation appears to be missing or broken.
configure: *** Either correct the installation, or run configure
configure: *** including --without-ssl.
sindhu@sindhu-Satellite-C640:~$[/code]

Crypto and Openssl appear to be missing or broken. Crypto in turn was dependent on openssl. Hence now I had to fix (install) openssl. So I did

• output - says its installed -

Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree Reading state information... Done openssl is already the newest version. 0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 761 not upgraded. sindhu@sindhu-Satellite-C640:~$

But the asterisk “./configure” says otherwise. I googled to find out how to fix a broken openssl installation, but in vain. Is the openssl installtion broken? If so how do I fix it?

I am fairly sure that /usr/local is not a sufficiently complete path.

I could not figure out what was the problem with this. As per david55’s suggestion I gave the full path too but it did not seem to work.

Hence I tried it on Fedora 18. Now installed both openssl and openssl-devel packages, and the chan_sip got built. :smile: Looks like chan_sip needed both openssl and openssl-devel to get built.

yes, asterisk needs crypto for chan_sip and chan_iax