SIP/IAX port blocked. Help!

Hi,
I am new to asterisk@now. if anyone have the solution please response.

my isp blocks the sip(5060) and iax(4569) port. i have a real ip and i have setup a asterisk@now on that.

but when i am going to connect using zoiper soft phone it could not connect. so i have decided to change the default port for sip:63698 (sip.conf) and for iax:63699 (iax.conf).

but phone does not register.

anybody have the solution?

Thanks.
Chap.

Why your ISP blocks the sip(5060) and iax(4569) port ? I think you have to forword your port in your router. If need help how to port forward email me at mhasan@telask.com

Why your ISP blocks the sip(5060) and iax(4569) port ? I think you have to forword your port in your router. If need help how to port forward email me at mhasan@telask.com

When you say that you have changed the SIP and IAX2 ports where have you made the changes? I assume that your softphone is using SIP but is it local or across the Internet? Are you using NAT?

Hi Leemason,

Thank you for your reply.

I found in the asterisk, voice travel through udp-4569 (IAX2) and udp-5060 (SIP). Only for connection it is use tcp (configurable to iax.conf and sip.conf).

I’ve used port 9809 in the iax.conf and also in the soft-phone ip:9809(IAX). and used port 9909 in the sip.conf and soft phone ip:9909.

But it is using udp 4569 and tcp 9809 for iax. and
udp 5060 and tcp 9909.

And yes my server is in public ip and both soft phone is using NAT or private IP.

Thanks
Chap

which more better, SIP or IAX2???

and how to analyze it???

i used Linux OS…

thanks for all :wink:

Dear sheilaeka,

Your 1st question is Which one is better?
IAX2 is better then SIP, but sip has more functionality. IAX2 uses single port for voice and control and SIP uses more ports. In NAT, IAX2 has no problem.

I am using Asterisk@Now, which has given examples and setup is easier.

Chap.