Sip port 5060 routing problems

Hi all,

I have a weird problem that no-one up to now has been able to answer, can any of you help.

Problem:
Looking in the logs - SIP Peers says:
sipgate.co.uk:5060 USERNAME 120 Request Sent

I am not able to connect - using IAX this works.

I think the problem is something to do with my firewall, looking in the logs I see that all my outbound routing is working no problems the data is being sent.

When sipgate send data to me I see the source port is 5060 but the destination port is 0. but it wants to send it to the correct IP address.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions? I am using Kerio Winroute firewall as the router and firewall.

Any ideas or suggestions would be welcomed - If needed I can provide further information about our config.

Thanks
Ben

Sipgate don’t support iax - so how can it work with iax?

Have you read their help pages on asterisk and on firewalls?

sipgate.co.uk/faq/index.php? … k=688#num2

and

sipgate.co.uk/faq/index.php? … k=100#num4

Sorry - I have just re-read the post and I did not make clear what I had put. My Voip providers that I am connecting to with IAX work, it is only the telcos I connect to with SIP that fail. (I think that makes more sense!)

Ben

Yes, it makes sense now.

IAX2 doesn’t have the same problems with NAT that SIP has. You will need to make sure your firewall configuration is right.

I guess you’re using windows for that, so i can’t comment on what your chances are of getting it to work as i don’t know (and don’t want to know) anything about windows. However, all things windows seem to be pretty bodgy to me, so you might have a shitfight on your hands!

First, though, you need to read the instructions on the Sipgate web site, which i mentioned before, and follow them. If it still doesn’t work, post a full account here of what you’ve tried and what the results were and hopefully someone will be able to help.