Simple set up wanted for a simple person! Is this the right software?

I run a very small business in the UK, I have a landline that most of my advertising phone number points to that I have had for years, I cannot port the number (I have tried several times, Virgin media own it and cannot) , I have to pay a monthly fee to forward my calls and then pay for the call to my mobile and it’s expensive. I was wondering if I could have a PC collect the call through a modem and then have it connect to some sort of VOIP software that can send the call through the internet to VOIP software on my phone?
Thank you for any advice

You are able to do that using Asterisk using and the proper hardwares not a modem,

1 Like

I imagine that could be expensive?

1 Like

thank you. With that card and a PC with the asterisk software I should be able to connect calls to my mobile via VOIP?

Asterisk can run on any moderm PC ,Assuming you have analog line you can use The A4 Series of analog card with FXO modules, then you need a SIP trunk provider to terminate the call to your cell phone. Note that call fowarding might be ilegal in some countries, if you use it for comercial use. So check your country legislation

1 Like

thank you for you help. much appreciated.

1 Like