[RESOLVED]Need assistance.. asap. cable question

I had a 12 b-channel 1 d-channel PRI installed yesterday and I’m trying to connect it to my digium te110p card. The phone company has mounted what I beleive to be a channel bank on the wall with ports labeled cpe1 cpe2 cpe3 cpe4. The cpe1 port has a dongle hanging out of it which I can plug into… I’ve seen may different sites pin out a t1 crossover cable, but they are not all the same. So here is my question, is it possible that this dongle is doing the crossing and all I need to do is connect a cat5e straight through cable to the digium card? or What kind of cable do I need to use, if t1 crossover what is correct pin out and can I use some cat5e cable to make it. If yes, should I remove the dongle? Lastly, should the light on the back of the digium card light up after connecting a correctly pinned cable. Thanks ahead of time.

Okay… so far I have read that the lights on the TE110p card will flash red when the module is loaded. I have the flashing red light… I also read on digium’s site that it will turn green when connected to a channel bank. I have tried to make three different cables according to certain sites t1 crossover specs and still can not get the green light after connecting the cable. That dongle that the phone company has left hanging out of port cpe1, I have tried each cable with and without the dongle… still only a red flashing light. Please help if you can… I have tried digiums pin out of

Q. What kind of cable do I use to connect to a channel bank?
A. You will need a T1 crossover cable. The pin outs are 1, 2, 4, 5
1 - 4
2 - 5
4 - 1
5 - 2

Please help… :frowning:

[color=red]
P.S.> the thing (which I think is a channel bank) is labeled “HyperEdge DTWA-528-04” if this helps… it says it has an RJ48C connector…[/color]

anyone out there with experience connecting an te110p card to a pri?? please… :smile: :wink:

I managed to figure this one out. I’m using a straight through cat5e rj45 cable and it works fine. (Bellsouth PRI).

Can anybody tell me if this is the standard for a PRI? I’ve gotten an Asterisk installataion set up and working locally with a combination of softphones and IP phones, and I got the cheapie Digium card with the single FXO port and inbound/outbound calling over an analog line working, but now it’s for real: I’m going to be working with a Verizon ISDN PRI circuit (T1, 24 channels) going into a Digium TE120P.

I’m having a devil of a time getting my Verizon rep to confirm what kind of connector I will need, or even what kind of jack the PRI terminates to. From what I’ve read, it seems most likely that I will be working with an RJ48C jack, and that just a normal Cat5e cable with RJ45 ends will do, but it would be nice to know for sure before I meet with Verizon to test the system.

Thanks much