Question on sound files

I installed a german sound files package in /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/… and try to use it. For example, I set “language=de” in the voicemail specification of one of my extensions (this is done using AMP), but after dialing ‘*98’ to introduce the voicemail number and the password, the sound is still english (asterisk default sound file). Only after having succesfully introduced the voicemail number and the password, it turns into german sound files.

My question is how to setup the system in order that all messages and voice instructions may be in german? Which .conf files should be modified?

thanks for any reply,

Daniel

Hi,
Will be great if anyone responds to this post.

And it would be greater if you can be patient in waiting for our responses.

You can try setting the default language to de. Also the reason why now it starts in English is because until it knows what mailbox you are calling about how is it supposed to know what language to speak to you in ?

Hi David, thanks for the response. I am sorry, I believe i posted reply on the wrong post. I was waiting for the response on this post
forums.digium.com/viewtopic.php?t=7172

I have asterisk ver 1.4.17
My german sound files are with correct path
/sounds/de/
/sounds/digits/de/

The files are not corrupt.

Now when i set language to de and try to announce a price 68 cents per minute, instead of saying 8 & 60 , it says only 60

If i copy the same 8.gsm and 60.gsm files in fr or en directories i hear 68. but in case of german it has to be 8 & 60

sincere regards
mazhar

Hi David, thanks for the response. I am sorry, I believe i posted reply on the wrong post. I was waiting for the response on this post

/sounds/de/
/sounds/digits/de/

Now when i set language to de and try to announce a price 68 cents per minute, instead of saying 8 & 60 , it says only 60

If i copy the same 8.gsm and 60.gsm files in fr or en directories i hear 68. but in case of german it has to be 8 & 60

sincere regards
mazhar

/sounds/de/
/sounds/digits/de/

sincere regards
mazhar

Please post relevant part of extensions.conf

Alright, its fixed, in new versions of asterisk one needs 1-and … 9-and files also for german language which were missing.

with sincere regards
mazhar