I’m using a different language for the sounds files of my Asterisk pbx. This funtions as supposed to after having created a folder sounds.nl in /var/lib/asterisk and changing the config files.
However, when I call voicemail, I get messages in the other language (as expected), except for the digits which are in english again. I checked the files themselves by converting them to wav files and listening to them and they are in the other language.
I use version 1.4.13 - could there be a problem with this version?
try to edit the next files:
sip.conf && iax.conf
loadzone = "your language"
defaultzone= “your language”
then reload asterisk.
I hope this help you.
thx for the quick reply. Unfortunately that didn’t help …
It is most peculiar, since the console says:
– <SIP/600-b7d215a0> Playing ‘digits/1’ (language ‘nl’)
which clearly indicates that Asterisk is using the correct language.
This smells like a bug to me …
I had a similar problem with French. I fixed it with a symbolic link.
My default language was English. I had both French and English sound files.
The “digits” directories were:
Asterisk was looking for french sound files under /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/digits/fr which did not exist.
So I created the following symbolic link and the problem went away:
/var/lib/asterisk/sounds/digits/fr -> …/fr/digits
genius! That did the trick. Odd that this still is an issue, you would expect it be fixed by now. This is probably due to the fact that the developers don’t use other languages.
Thx a mille!