PSTN Issues

Hi,

In the UK, BT Phone Line, Asterisk 1.4.2 with a X100P equivalent.

If I call my mobile on the PSTN line through Aterisk and then Hangup, this does not trigger a Hangup on the line - it stays open for a while.

The PSTN line into my house has two extensions, one to a standard phone, and one to the Asterisk box to take the call if unanswered after 30 seconds. However answering the phone on the PSTN, causes any extensions on Asterisk to ring on for a couple of turns.

Im still getting no caller id, but I gather this is because I havent paid for the service on BT.

If I try to dial out on the PSTN line from Asterisk, I have an “8” extension, I get two dialtones.

After I’ve completed dialling the number, I get the second, what must be the BT dialtone, and then I presume Asterisk then dials the number on the wildcard. Can this be made a little better? ie, either passing the BT dialtone straight through to the extension if an outside line is requested?

Thanks
Simon

[quote=“sjdean”]If I call my mobile on the PSTN line through Aterisk and then Hangup, this does not trigger a Hangup on the line - it stays open for a while.
[/quote]
Assuming you mean hang up on the mobile side, this is expected of an analogue line.

Again, expected of X100P/clone. No one seems to know why but everyone is experiencing this.

Could also be singaling. You could test with a regular caller ID phone.

You are leaving too many details out. From what terminal do you dial out? Do you use r option in Dial()? What application do you use with extension “8”?

This is the bit from extensions.conf for outgoing BT:

; outgoing bt
exten => _8.,1,Dial(Zap/1/${EXTEN:1},30,rT)
exten => _8.,2,Playback(invalid)
exten => _8.,3,Hangup

I dial out from a Grandstream BT-101 phone, in sip.conf as:

[simon.dean.grandstream]
type=friend
username=simon.dean.grandstream
secret=mysecret
callerid=Simon Dean <5001>
host=dynamic
canreinvite=no
dtmfmode=info
disallow=all
allow=ulaw

and here’s zapata.conf:

[channels]
context=btpstn

language=en

signalling=fxs_ks

busydetect => yes
callprogress => no
busycount => 4
relaxdtmf => yes
callwaiting => yes
callwaitingcallerid => yes
threewaycalling => no
transfer => yes
cancallforward => yes
usedistinctiveringdetection => yes
callerid=asreceived

usecallerid=yes
cidsignalling=v23
cidstart=usehist

; UK BT Callsign ring patterns
dring1=366,246,216
dring2=246,98,0

dring1context=ringring_ringring
dring2context=ring_ring

echotraining = yes
echocancel = yes
echocancelwhenbridged = yes

musiconhold = default
immediate = no

;Fax detection
faxdetect=incoming
group=1
callgroup=1
pickupgroup=1
rxgain=10
txgain=4
channel => 1

overlapdial=yes

I think that’s it for now.

Simon

Two things come to mind. Check if your phone has “early dial” enabled. (Disable) Also take out ‘r’ from Dial application.