Problem - Digium Phone Module for Asterisk 1.8.12

We are using Asterisk 1.8.12 on Linux RH 64 and we just bought a new D40 phones. So, we would like to use some features and need to install digium_phone module, but when we try to load res_digium_phone.so Asterisk stops work with error.

asterisk: symbol lookup error: /user/lib/asterisk/modules/res_digium_phone.so: undefined symbol: ast_msg_tech_register

We did all tasks according to the Digium instruction downloads.digium.com/pub/telepho … one/README

My concern is we tried to use the latest version of this module that is res_digium_phone-1.8.11_1.0.1-x86_64.tar.gz, but our current Asterisk is 1.8.12.

Any help will be appreciated!

Is your version of Asterisk one of the Certified Asterisk versions? My version, which was the latest available (on Monday) is certified-asterisk-1.8.11-current. The Digium Phone Module will not work on other releases of Asterisk. I had to install the Certified Asterisk release (which, I note in passing, does not pick up all the install options from my previous installation - I had to include Dahdi and Voicemail support through Make Menuselect to re-enable these options).

You can get the current release of Certified Asterisk with Digium Phone Support from the Asterisk Downloads page. I have just checked that this is still on 1.8.11, so I think that the Asterisk version you are using is your problem.

Yep, you are right.
So, Digium Phone Module works with certified-asterisk-1.8.11 only (the key is “certified”).
Thanks!