ParkandAnnounce only announces the first digit

I have copied the suggested ParkandAnnounce code with the modification of my context. It announces the first digit and then kills the channel. The user never actually hears the “7” spoken on their Grandstream GXP-2000 phone. The call is transferred to 701 on the first call and you can pick it up if you dial 701.

The recommended code from Grandstream is as follows:

Grandstream Configuration: None
Asterisk Configuration: In extensions.conf:
[parkedcalls]
exten => _*3, 1, ParkAndAnnounce(pbx-transfer:PARKED|120|SIP/${DIALEDPEERNUMBER}|sip_incoming,${DIALEDPEERNUMBER},1)
In features.conf:
parkext => 400
parkpos => 401-420
context => parkedcalls
parkingtime => 45
transferdigittimeout => 3
courtesytone = beep
xfersound = beep
xferfailsound = beeper
findslot => next

My code is as follows:
FEATURES.CONF

;features.conf
[general]
parkext => *7
parkpos => 701-799
context => parkedcalls
parkingtime => 120
courtesytone = beep
xfersound = beep
xferfailsound = beeperr
findslot => next
;pickupexten = *8
;featuredigittimeout = 500

[featuremap]
blindxfer => #1
automon => *1
atxfer => *2

PARKED.INCL

[parkedcalls]
exten => _*7,1,Answer
exten => _*7,2,Wait(1)
exten => _*7,3,ParkAndAnnounce(pbx-transfer:PARKED|120|SIP/${DIALEDPEERNUMBER}|motors,${DIALEDPEERNUMBER},1)

CLI> Message as follows

-- Executing Macro("Zap/5-1", "stdexten_motors|269|SIP/269") in new stack
-- Executing Dial("Zap/5-1", "SIP/269|30||rtT") in new stack
-- Called 269
-- SIP/269-212e is ringing
-- SIP/269-212e answered Zap/5-1

== Spawn extension (macro-stdexten_motors, s, 1) exited non-zero on ‘Zap/5-1’ in macro ‘stdexten_motors’
== Spawn extension (macro-stdexten_motors, s, 1) exited non-zero on ‘Zap/5-1’
– Started music on hold, class ‘default’, on Zap/5-1
== Parked Zap/5-1 on 704. Will timeout back to extension [macro-stdexten_motors] s, 1 in 120 seconds
– Added extension ‘704’ priority 1 to parkedcalls
– Playing ‘digits/7’ (language ‘en’)
Jun 29 15:47:53 WARNING[632]: chan_sip.c:9962 handle_response: Notify answer on an owned channel?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

TIA

aj

By removing the lines 1 & 2 from the [parkedcalls] and the parkext => *7 the system works. I also changed the *7 to *7XX. Having *700 or *7XX had no effect in Features.conf. Can anyone give deeper understanding of how and why this was not and is working. Extension 700 was being created without the [parkedcalls] by (I am assuming) the park() program. That seemed to conflict with my code.

[parkedcalls]
exten => _*7XX,1,ParkAndAnnounce(pbx-transfer:PARKED|120|SIP/${DIALEDPEERNUMBER}|motors|${DIALEDPEERNUMBER}|1)

;features.conf
[general]
parkpos => 701-799
context => parkedcalls
parkingtime => 120
courtesytone = beep
xfersound = beep
xferfailsound = beeperr
findslot => next
pickupexten = *8
featuredigittimeout = 500

[featuremap]
blindxfer => #1
automon => *1
atxfer => *2

How can I catch the parking spot assigned in asterisk to relable the caller id. This way when a parked call comes back I can announce on the lcd of my gxp-2000 which parked call is coming back.

aj

Well, after working on this problem again I have found that if you wait one second before ansewering the callback you will get a complete announcement. So beware those with quick fingers. Listen for the change in the tone of the ringback before answering or if your phone has multiple calls coming in give the ringback one second before answering.