Park/ParkAndAnnounce Add Sip Header Distinctive Ring back

Hi All

I need to provide a distinctive ring back to sip phones when a call is parked, but not answered in the hold time.

Park() does park a call as I need, saying the parking lot number back in the same call, however, I cannot tuck a sip header in this to make the ringback distinctive. Nor can it call back the user that parked it…it calls back a pre-defined extension/ring group etc

ParkAndAnnounce can do what I need except that it needs the user to hang up, and it will call back with the parking extension…which is too tedious to ask the users to do. Originally designed for an overhead pager.

AMP has something like it, but it is for when the call comes back, AND the extension answering the call times out, so that is not practical.

Version 1.2.xx

So how to get this accomplished?

I would appreciate your thoughts.

I am actually in need of the same thing…I saw the following at Voip-Info

[i]
If you have a more complex dialplan and want to be able to Goto() a more elaborate ‘parkedcalls’ handler then you’ll need to be sure to include a handler for the ‘i’ priority to catch calls to parkinglot without call in them as well as the ‘s’ priority to give timeouts somewhere to go, thus:

exten => somecontext,3,Goto(parkinglot,${ARG1},1)

[parkinglot]
exten => s,1,NoOp(once a parked call times out it will resume here)

include => parkedcalls
exten => i,1,Playback(pbx-invalidpark)
exten => i,2,Hangup
[/i]

I am testing it out now to see if it works and will reply again with the results

Well, I modified the example to work for me and here’s the code:
[i]include => parkedcalls

exten => s,1,SIPAddHeader(Alert-Info: info=)
exten => s,n,Dial(SIP/204&SIP/213&SIP/201&SIP/210,45,tk)[/i]

It didn’t work. It rang ONLY the original line that parked and didn’t use the Bellcore-dr5 cadence…

I REALLY would like to see this functionality come to light soon