How can i run somthing when a call parking timer times out?

where would i put my code?

It’s not possible for the moment see my bugs post.

bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=6953

oic, what about a way to run somthing when a user presses park?

I use

[park-dial]
exten => t,1,Goto(ext-group,699,1)

on two different systems. It first rings the extension that parked the call and then rings a ring group 699.

what i want to do is change the callerid of the parked call so that when it rings back the user will know that its a parked call thats calling them back. right now they think its a new call. any ideas?

what about using parkandannounce? would that do what i want? trouble is iit seems to dial back on a new call to tell me the parked number. any ideas why it does that insted of telling me the number on the same call? voip-info.org/wiki/index.php … ndAnnounce

My setup changes the caller ID after the parked call has moved back through the original extension that parked the call and moves into the ring group. At that point I am able to change the caller ID and use a distinctive ring. I also wish I could change the initial ring back, but haven’t found a way.

[park-dial]
exten => t,1,Goto(ext-group,699,1)

exten => 699,1,Macro(user-callerid,)
exten => 699,n,GotoIf($["${CALLERID(name):0:${LEN(${RGPREFIX})}}" != "${RGPREFIX}"]?NEWPREFIX)
exten => 699,n,Set(CALLERID(name)=${CALLERID(name):${LEN(${RGPREFIX})}})
exten => 699,n(NEWPREFIX),Set(RGPREFIX=PARK:)
exten => 699,n,Set(CALLERID(name)=${RGPREFIX}${CALLERID(name)})
exten => 699,n,Set(_ALERT_INFO=http://192.168.100.4/r/rb.wav)
exten => 699,n,Set(RecordMethod=Group)
exten => 699,n,Macro(record-enable,201-203-205-207-209-211-213-215-217-219-221-225-227-231-233-235-$
exten => 699,n,Set(RingGroupMethod=ringall)
exten => 699,n(DIALGRP),Macro(dial,20,${DIAL_OPTIONS},201-203-205-207-209-211-213-215-217-219-221-2$
exten => 699,n,Set(RingGroupMethod=)
exten => 699,n,Goto(ext-group,699,1)

I am using AMP so there will be differences.

i too am using amp. i think i found a solution. heres what i did:
in extentions_custom.conf

[from-internal-custom]
exten => 67,1,Answer
exten => 67,2,Wait(1)
exten => 67,3,ParkAndAnnounce(pbx-transfer:PARKED|10|SIP/${EXTEN:1}|jdp-parkinglot-custom,s,1)

[jdp-parkinglot-custom]
exten => s,1,verbose(Debug note: it ran-------------------------------)
exten => s,2,SetVar(jdpParked=Parked)
exten => s,3,Goto(from-internal,${DIALEDPEERNUMBER},1)

then in extentions.conf under the [macro-user-callerid] context i changed a line to this. so it appends the callerid varable to the callerid string.
exten => s,5,SetCallerID("${jdpParked}" “${AMPUSERCIDNAME}” <${AMPUSER}>)

The problem with this is that amp doesn’t like you editing the extentions.conf but i have yet to make the changes to that its only in the custom files but that seems hard because i would have to basicly create a whole new dialplan in the custom configs. any thoughts on how to make this better? it works right now… well almost, it just changes it to PARKED for the callerid. the append isn’t quite working… i just finished this two seconds before you posted a reply :smile: oh and you have to dial 67 insted of the setting in features.conf. and it doesn’t work if the calling user parks the call.

hrmm, another bug is that its not speaking the parked # before it parks it. any ideas?

actually, the more i play with it, i don’t think parkandannounce can do this. it seems like its only for calling another extension to announce the parked call. anyone know how i can get it to announce it before it drops this channel?