Outbound calls get droped after first ring

Hello all,

I am using asteriskNow and Digium 4 port FXO card for routing calls from local PBX to PSTN. PSTN and Cell phones will ring and after the first call they will drop.

I can receive calls wiht out a problem.

/etc/zaptel.conf has following entries.

channels=1,2,3,4
signalling=fxs_ks

I guess I am doing some thing wrong iwth signalling. Any help on this pls?

-Sid

you should put your signalling type before the channel definition. the channel= line inherits everything above it.

what do you have in zapata.conf ?

[quote=“baconbuttie”]you should put your signalling type before the channel definition. the channel= line inherits everything above it.

opps… I tried with signalling on the top still no luck. Here is my zapata.conf

what do you have in zapata.conf ?[/quote]
[trunkgroups]

[channels]
switchtype=national
signalling=fxs_ks
rxwink=300
hidecallerid=no
callwaiting=yes
usecallingpres=yes
callwaitingcallerid=yes
threewaycalling=yes
transfer=yes
canpark=yes
cancallforward=yes
callreturn=yes
echocancel=yes
echocancelwhenbridged=yes
rxgain=0.0
txgain=0.0
group=1
callgroup=1
pickupgroup=1

signalling = fxs_ks
channel => 1,2,3,4

Did you ever figure out how to fix this? I am having the same issue. Inbound calls are not affected but outbound calls will hit one-ring on the receiving end then disconnect.

wes

[quote=“westerboi”]Did you ever figure out how to fix this? I am having the same issue. Inbound calls are not affected but outbound calls will hit one-ring on the receiving end then disconnect.

wes[/quote]

Does anything come up in the cli ? Can you set verbosity to 7 and post the output of the CLI ?

this seemed to be a codec problem on the SIP. I changed the preferred codecs on the PAP2 and had no issues.

I did notice however that the *Now GUI sets disallowed codecs to ALL by default. I manually removed this from the users.conf file because I couldn’t seem to change that setting from the Users Setup screen on the GUI.

All’s well now…

wes

The correct configuration is to set:
disallow=all
allow=X
allow=y
etc. This way you have control over what protocol is being used.