Operator Console software

Does anyone have any suggestions for an operator console software program to allow them to answer the operator phone and control calls via their pc rather than phone?

I’m trying to move our entire environment from Cisco Call Manager to Asterisk but this is the biggest piece missing so far. I’ve found a couple but they’re rather expensive and require some additional programs that I’d rather not acquire.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Neil

have you looked at FOP voip-info.org/tiki-index.php … %20gastman ?

Thanks for the links.

I actually had seen those but my concern is that we’re a dealership that receives hundreds of calls a day and the layout of the those applications doesn’t easily allow a non-techie operator to handle that volume with a 19 in. monitor.

I did find the iSymphony application from i9technologies.com/ but have yet to get it to work. The application is very clean and I think it will allow for 100+ monitored extensions but again, I haven’t had a chance to fully test.

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Neil

How about an auto-attendant to handle the bulk of the traffic?

We definitely do that for overflow but still want to eliminate the need for a phone with multiple side cars for speed dials or extensions…it’s a cleaner desktop for an operator station which is the first thing our customers see when they walk in.

Thanks,
Neil

[quote=“neilcperry”]We definitely do that for overflow but still want to eliminate the need for a phone with multiple side cars for speed dials or extensions…it’s a cleaner desktop for an operator station which is the first thing our customers see when they walk in.

Thanks,
Neil[/quote]

If those don’t fit your requirements, then you may have to look for commercial solutions (not aware of any) or have your own developed.