Odd dailing delay

I am having an odd dialing delay, both my sip phone are setup in the HOME context here

[home]
exten => _NXXNXXXXXX,1,dial(SIP/viatalk/1${EXTEN})
exten => _1NXXNXXXXXX,1,dial(SIP/viatalk/${EXTEN})
exten => 11,1,Dial(SIP/pap2l1&SIP/pap2l2,60)
exten => _0X.,1,dial(SIP/viatalk/${EXTEN})

when i dial a 10 digit number there is a delay or I can press the # to dail now. I know asterisk will wait but a full 10 digit number should be a full match and should kick of dialing.

the problem is probably the phone and not *. The phone is not checking each digit you dial. That is often called live dial pad or early dial… it can also be done in the phone’s dialplan config. How to do it depends on what phone it is.

I’m actually using the pap2t that was provided by viatalk, I never had this problem when it was connected directly without asterisk. Any hints on what settings to mess with?

EDIT

I just spent some time messing around and updated my extentions.conf
[home]
exten => _NXXNXXXX!,1,dial(SIP/viatalk/1${EXTEN:0:10})
exten => _1NXXNXXX!,1,dial(SIP/viatalk/${EXTEN:0:11})
exten => 11,1,Dial(SIP/pap2l1&SIP/pap2l2,60)
exten => _0X.,1,dial(SIP/viatalk/${EXTEN})

Now when I dial with the 1 then number it dial instantly without the 1 its delayed so there definetly something in hte dialplan on the linksys pap2t.

there have been many posts about how to modify the PAP2 dialplan. Just serch for it.

to clarify- this refers to the internal dialplan on the phone or ATA, not to extensions.conf. The phone’s dialplan will determine when it sends the number to Asterisk. Often you can use a generic dialplan which will match any number of digits, the only downside being that you will always have to wait 3-4 seconds after dialing…