Delay of 10 seconds placing calls from PAP2 and AG168 device

This problem has been driving me crazy. I have a PAP2 using SIP and an AG168 using IAX2 protocols. Incoming calls ring immediately, but placing any calls from those devices has a delay of 10 seconds before the outgoing call rings. Absolutely nothing happens while watching asterisk until those 10 seconds have passed.

Oddly enough, incoming calls to those devices ring immediately. I also have a Cisco 7960 which does not have this problem. I just can’t seem to figure out what the problem is and sad to say I hardly have any more hair left. All extensions were created the same way, from AMP, with nothing fancy done anywhere else.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I think it has something to do w/ the dial plan.

On my pap2 mine is:

(*xx|[3469]11|0|00|[2-9]xxxxxx|1xxx[2-9]xxxxxxS0|770xxxxxxx|404xxxxxxx|678xxxxxxx|xxxxxxxxxxxx.|)

The reason for the areas w/ 770, 404, & 678 is that we have ten digit dialing in Atlanta for those three area codes. My pap2 has gone from ten seconds to five just by adding those lines. Also if I dial using the full 1+area code+seven digit number it goes through in two seconds.

PhilAIV

[quote=“PhilAIV”]I think it has something to do w/ the dial plan.

On my pap2 mine is:

(*xx|[3469]11|0|00|[2-9]xxxxxx|1xxx[2-9]xxxxxxS0|770xxxxxxx|404xxxxxxx|678xxxxxxx|xxxxxxxxxxxx.|)

The reason for the areas w/ 770, 404, & 678 is that we have ten digit dialing in Atlanta for those three area codes. My pap2 has gone from ten seconds to five just by adding those lines. Also if I dial using the full 1+area code+seven digit number it goes through in two seconds.

PhilAIV[/quote]

OK thanks for your reply. I finally got it to work using a simple dialplan. This is what I use which permits 11 digit dialing for US and Canadian format numbering and international as well.

(xxx|1[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxxS0|0<:11>[2-9]xxxxx.)

Note the xxx at the begining of the dial string which allows dialing three digit extensions. I would suppose you can change the number of x’s to match the number of characters in your extension scheme. Now dialing is instant. Thanks for steering me in the right direction.

I also found out that if you enter an # at the end of your dialed number it pushes the call through immediately. This would be a temporary fix for a number scheme which is not covered in your dialplan.