No Response from Digium Support on $2500 Hardware

Yes, together with the card I purchased a HP Proliat ML350 server, two quad core processors, 4GB of RAM and so on.
I had this problem in this “class” server before trying it in NEC (purely because I doubted in the first server).
And, as for Digium support, do you think it’s normal that I have more answers from you(members of the forum) than from the support?
If you think it’s normal, then it may be my fault, server fault, reseller fault, bad luck and so on.
All I need from support is to define one of the above mentioned.

test

[quote=“ethanasi”]Yes, together with the card I purchased a HP Proliat ML350 server, two quad core processors, 4GB of RAM and so on.
I had this problem in this “class” server before trying it in NEC (purely because I doubted in the first server).
And, as for Digium support, do you think it’s normal that I have more answers from you(members of the forum) than from the support?
If you think it’s normal, then it may be my fault, server fault, reseller fault, bad luck and so on.
All I need from support is to define one of the above mentioned.[/quote]

Did you buy Asterisk Business Edition? are you running that on an supported Linux distribution? I did buy ABE and run it on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 and every call to support was excellent.

I think that you should get support for the card you bought but I think that Ubuntu is NOT supported OS, make sure to be on one they support. Further I would say the IRQ issue is not likely the problem however in BIOS you should be able to change some of those settings and turn off excess items like parralel ports and unused serial ports unused IDE ports etc. Are you useing the built on video card? did you try disabling that and installing a addin video card? or reverse that take out your addin one and use the local one?

I think we all want to help and I think Digium has been very helpful but if you want better support for a free product like Asterisk NOW well you get what you paid for right?

BIGGEST suggestion and one to try for free. Download Switchvox its free install it and see if you can get the card to work. This is the simplest way to go however to get a full featured solution you will have to pay for the licensing cost of that many lines/extension. This was the way we went in the end and all i can say is Asterisk = many headaches and SwitchVox = barely any. This is all just my opinion and does not represent anyone or anything in the universe nor Digium!

Good luck with your install.

I am just turning the card back.
I arranged with service provider to have fiber connection through SIP. It works like a charm with Asterisk(non paid version of Asterisk).
I put everything to work in the easiest way possible(as I mentioned I am a beginner in such technology, but not a beginner in IT field, of course).
The official answer from Digium is that, although it doesn’t seem to be one of the faulty cards, they are willing to replace it with a new one. This would have taken me another two months, so I explored other opportunities and, lucky me, I just saved $2500.
To other members: if your provider offers this possibility, then go for it. It’s as simple as it gets.