Newbie: Adding hold music when call directed to another ext

Hi all,

I have setup an Asterisk 1.4 (AsteriskNOW actually) few months ago and have been using it with an extremely simple configuration, since I have not had time to do anything more advanced.

Anyway, I now need to make the system more elaborate and I’ve come across few things that I can’t figure out.

I have a main IVR that picks up incoming calls. Here is the code: comment=AP_Menu alias_exten=701 exten=s,1,Answer exten=s,2,Wait(1) exten=s,3,Background(record/ap_thank_you_for_calling) exten=s,4,Background(record/ap_main_menu) exten=s,5,Background(record/ap_if_u_know_ext) include=default exten=1,1,Goto(default|651|1) exten=2,1,Goto(default|652|1)

If the caller enters 1, they will be connected to a ring group below: gui_ring_groupname=Sales exten=s,1,NoOp(RINGGROUP) exten=s,n,Dial(SIP/621,60) exten=s,n,Dial(SIP/622,60) exten=s,n,Dial(SIP/629,60) exten=s,n,Goto(voicemenu-custom-2|s|1)
While the customer is waiting for any of the extensions on the ring group to pick up, they hear the waiting tone. I want them to hear an audio file instead. How do I go about it?

Regards,
Alex

exten=s,n,Dial(SIP/622,60,m) will do the trick, the m parameter is added to the dial statement.

btw: It will help if you do some reading about asterisk. The future of telephony is a good start. You asked a very standard question that is covered in any asterisk introduction.