Multicast Conference Call

Hey,

I am trying to setup a system using asterisk where a caller can call multiple users and speak to all of them at one time by calling just one number.
I was thinking of setting up a conference room with meet me application and having the conference room call out to the list of people caller is trying to call and when they answer they are joined to the conference.
Can someone please guide me is this possible ? and if yes how can it be done ? or if you have any better idea how to do this ? please share.

Thanks in advance.

Sounds like something I have done…we have an alert line called codeblue. You dial the number, it triggers the sytem to call the predetermined group of people. You are then put in the conference room, and when the others answer they are added.

Note that I am running Asterisk 1.6.2.6 and using ConfBridge rather than Meetme, although that should be a minor change.

Build call files for each phone…and put them into a directory.

call file

channel: SIP/7544 callerid: CodeBlue context: codeblue extension: s priority: 1 archive: yes waittime: 120

extensions.conf - add this to your dialplan for phone that will be initating the call.

# codeblue exten => 1212,1,Answer exten => 1212,n,playback(beep) exten => 1212,n,system(cp /codeblue/*.call /var/spool/asterisk/outgoing) exten => 1212,n,ConfBridge(codeblue,M) exten => 1212,n,hangup

extensions.conf - this if the context that the called phones will be sent to from the .call file.

[codeblue]
exten => s,1,Answer
exten => s,n,playback(beep)
exten => s,n,ConfBridge(codeblue,M)
exten => s,n,hangup

Thanks a lot … it works like a charm even with meetme … :smile:

How to use this with meetme and a fixed conference room?

Fixed:

[codeblue-group] exten => 1212,1,Answer exten => 1212,n,playback(beep) exten => 1212,n,system(cp /codeblue/*.call /var/spool/asterisk/outgoing) exten => 1212,n,MeetMe(22222,Axq) exten => 1212,n,hangup

[codeblue] exten => s,1,Answer exten => s,n,playback(beep) exten => s,n,MeetMe(22222,xq) exten => s,n,hangup

22222 is the conference room… “Axq” and “xq” is to be able disconnect everyone when the first one hangup.

How to force clear all the conversation when the first one hangup? :question:
How to kill the ringing extensions when the first one hangup? :question: