Asterisk conference

how can i call people to make join the my conference? can some one tell me or show me some information? thanks very much.

You can place an outbound call with a .call file. Look in the main directory of the asterisk tar file for sample.call. It describes this more.

You could easily use this to call someone and automatically dump them into a conference call. I’m not sure exactly what you mean though, so you’ll have to either be more specific about what your trying to do, or come up with something on your own.

Good Luck,
Dan

Hi

If your using asterisk@home then there is a default conference room 8100, You can map a DID on that room, given below is the example

exten => 4088344327,1,Answer
exten => 4088344327,2,Dial(SIP/8100,100,tr)
exten => 4088344327,3,Hangup

Here if you’ll call to the DID 4088344327 it would automatically put you in conference room

Thanks
Hasnain

it will be very much helpfull, how can i make a call through the call file!

i have sample.call in soruce

You can send a call with a .call file by moving (don’t use cp, use mv) the complete .call file into the /var/lib/asterisk/spool/outgoing directory. Asterisk will read the file, and dial the channel you specify. When that channel answers it will connect the channel to the context, extension, priority you specify in the .call file. Alternativly you can specify a program to connect the channel to.

There are many ways to trigger the call, it just depends on what your needs are.

Dan

Hi,

i want to make the conference calls , it is not like conference bridge…

I’m not understanding what you are trying to do.

Are you using the MeetMe Application?

Are you trying to have Asterisk dial a phone number and connect some one to the MeetMe application?

Dan

Please elaborate more, Still confused what are you trying to do…

Hi Dan,

i will make outgiong calls and want to push them into conference .

1.i will call a and tranfer to conference room / something …
2. then will call another user and same transfer to the same room …

finally after joiing all the people , i want to have the conference will all people.

how do i that please?

thank you all, i set up a conference room in my meetme.conf(e.g 8000),so the phone can dial 8000 to join the conference. but i don’t want this. What i want to do is ,can i invite the phone to join my conference via server console,for example, i select a phone, and send a message to it, and the phone will ring, when pick up the phone ,it will join my conference room. i hope you can get my meaning, my english is not good, thank you all, thank you.

I think I understand what you are trying to do.

You have a conference call setup in meetme.conf on 8000.

Your entensions.conf file has an extension that you can dial to enter that conference. Something like this.

[myconfs]
exten => 8000,1,MeetMe(8000)

What you want is for Asterisk to call a user and connect them to the conference, and not for the user to have to call you.

This can be accomplished with a .call file. Something like this would work

Specify who to call, SIP, ZAP, etc

Change 5555555555 to your phone number

Channel: Sip/5555555555
MaxRetries: 2
RetryTime: 60
WaitTime: 30
Context: myconfs
Extension: 8000
Priority: 1

You can also use this to set variables

Set: ACCOUNT=5555555555

Place it into a file with extension .call. Then move the file to /var/spool/asterisk/outgoing (Sorry I had this wrong in previous post ). Asterisk will generate an outbound call to the phone you specify in the .call file and connect them to extension 8000, which is your conference call.

How you create the .call file and move it to the proper directory is up to you. It can be as simple as writing a text file and use ‘mv’ to move it into the proper directory (don’t use ‘cp’). or something much more elaborate like website or application that does it for you.

Dan

hi,

once i entered into the coference room, i have to initiate the outbound call manually rather than the asterisk does automatically.!!

I do not believe that there is a number you can press while in the MeetMe application to do what you are describing.

As far as I know, you would have to use some other method to initiate the call.

Dan