Linking Asterisk Voicemail only into Merdian Option 11c rls3

Hi,

We are looking at implementing a voicemail solution within our organisation. Our organisation has 150 users so we would be looking at 100 mailboxes roughly. We have a Merdian Option 11c switch on release 3 with 2 ITG cards bolted on 1 in use one not. We want to use the Asterisk as just a voicemail solution only nothing else as we have everything else covered. What is the best way to connect the switch to the Asterisk? Any help on this would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Mike

[quote=“mikeross85”]Hi,

We are looking at implementing a voicemail solution within our organisation. Our organisation has 150 users so we would be looking at 100 mailboxes roughly. We have a Merdian Option 11c switch on release 3 with 2 ITG cards bolted on 1 in use one not. We want to use the Asterisk as just a voicemail solution only nothing else as we have everything else covered. What is the best way to connect the switch to the Asterisk? Any help on this would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Mike[/quote]

What about E1/T1 ?

If you have the keycodes for it, you could use SIP or h.323 as well. I’ve done this before with SIP to replace a busted callpilot server…

Hi, thanks for the reply. We have a spare ITG card which is currently not in use so was thinking of using this as a trunk out and connect to the Asterisks through this. Would this be the best solution? What card would i need in the Asterisk server for this? However i have spoken to a couple of people that say i may have issues as the extensions are on the PBX switch and the mailboxes are on the Asterisks. Is this the case? Apologies about my lack of knowledge of Asterisks.

I didn’t really read that this was release 3… the short answer is “The ITG card will work.” However, without a signalling server you won’t have easy web-access to configure things and you will need an OTM to set things up. SIP won’t work as the release is too old, however h.323 should work.

The hardest part of this is getting the M1 all working. The asterisk part is a cake-walk.

Hi Mark, Thats good news it sounds slightly easier than i thought then! We have a signalling server so can connect to that and just create a new node using the spare ITG card. Can you give me any pointers into how this should be configured or know of any guides to help me? Thanks again for all your help. Mike

Well, as we both know there’s not much that is simple in the world of M1 :stuck_out_tongue:. However, as it would happen I have some shnazzy documentation on how to do this using nortel/cisco with SIP. Basically if you follow the directions, and replace SIP with h.323 and configure your Asterisk like they are configuring the cisco and it should work fine and dandy.

The document is for a release 4 but everything (minus the SIP) should work for you. PM me you’re email and I’ll send you the document you need to get up and running.

Fantastic thanks Mark. If you could send the info to mikero@freedomfinance.co.uk that would be great. Really appreciate your help on this. Regards, Mike