Connect Asterisk with Ericsson MD110

Hi,

In my firm, we use for telephony a PABX Ericsson MD110 (MX ONE).
But in order to evolue towards an IP system, we want to integrate an Asterisk server.
We want to connect both the systems with a VOIP Card on the PABX MD110.
Which card should we buy for it ? We have searched on this present website and have found only digital card and analog card but not VOIP card…

Thanks for your advices

I don’t know if ericsson md110 can make a direct voip link.
I think you could use a digital card (example: te122) to make the link throught a PRI channel.

Thank you for your answer giorgio.
If i use a digital card to make a link thought a PRI channel as you advise me, i have to buy how many cards ?
One for the asterisk server and one for the PABX ? Just one for the PABX ? or for the Asterisk server ?
Sorry, i start in telephony and i have just skills in IT.

Thanks in advance

Yuo have to buy a PRI card (i.e. Digium te122) for your Asterisk PBX and another card for your MD110, i think it should be an Ericsson card.
If you just have a free PRI port on your MD110 you could not need to buy a card for your Ericsson MD110 but only for your Asterisk PBX.

Thank you for your explanation :wink: I understand it better now!

Concerning the VOIP link, i asked my managers and they think that the MD110 can be connected with the Asterisk server using a VOIP link, because we use some IP phone (Ericsson dialog 4422 IP office) directly connected to the MD110 (Ip card).
So, if i use VOIP card on the MD110, where can i buy it ? On the digium website ?
Thank you very much

tek-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=1061992

[quote=“mafiaman42”]Hi,

But in order to evolue towards an IP system, we want to integrate an Asterisk server.

Thanks for your advices[/quote]

With the right software release Ericsson MD110 can do IP trunking. :smiley:

[quote=“henkoegema”][quote=“mafiaman42”]Hi,

Thanks for your advices[/quote]

With the right software release Ericsson MD110 can do IP trunking. :smiley:[/quote]

Yes I agree with you, but we want to use Asterisk for a better management of our telephony, because the MD110 is not very “flexible”…

hi,
i have much experience in MD 110 and good experience in asterisk
maybe i can helpyou if you send some information about md 110.
version? BC release?
Why do you think md 110 is not flexible?

BR

Thank you cpkc !
I will get information about MD110 version. But what is “BC” ?
I think md110 is not very flexible for several points like maintenance, configuration, to resolve problems…
I think it’s easier to administrate an Asterisk server than a PABX like MD110, because it’s just configuration files and not some command that you send to the PABX hoping that they work.
But i tell you that because i have knowlegde in computer science domain and not enough in telephony.

To connect both equipements, i have to realize a trunk between them, isn’t it ?
The problem for me is to know how i can make it… because there is not many documentation about it…

Thank you :smile:

PS : Sorry for my english

So can you help me ?
My deadline is the 31th of this month to succeed to connect both equipements.
Thank you