Issue with Paging

Hello,

I am working on OpenWRT. I am building OpenWRT image with the asterisk 13.

I am trying to use Paging functionality of asterisk with Page(). I already added the Page() in extensions.conf.

However, I am getting following error:

pbx.c:2814 pbx_extension_helper: No application ‘Page’ for extension (incoming-cont, 9999, 2)
== Spawn extension (incoming-cont, 9999, 2) exited non-zero on ‘PJSIP/9858-00000000’

what am I doing wrong?

Extensions.conf:

exten => 9999,1,NoOp(context-dahdi)
same => n,Page(${PJSIP_DIAL_CONTACTS(9999)},30)

I also tried,

exten => 9999,1,NoOp(context-dahdi)
same => n,Page(${PJSIP/9999),30)

If I use Dial() instead of Page(), everything works fine.
I also double checked makefile with"GitHub - openwrt/telephony: The telephony packages feed". Do I need to install any package or any line in the makefile to add Page() function?

The Page application is part of Asterisk and should be built by default. It’s likely something in the openwrt area that is stopping it from being built or installed.

try a ‘module show like app_’ at the console.

Do you see app_page.so in the list returned?

Thanks for replying everyone.

I am seeing following as the output. There is no app_page.so.

app_alarmreceiver.so           Alarm Receiver for Asterisk              0          Running          extended
app_chanisavail.so             Check channel availability               0          Running          extended
app_chanspy.so                 Listen to the audio of an active channel 0          Running              core
app_confbridge.so              Conference Bridge Application            0          Running              core
app_dial.so                    Dialing Application                      0          Running              core
app_echo.so                    Simple Echo Application                  0          Running              core
app_exec.so                    Executes dialplan applications           0          Running              core
app_macro.so                   Extension Macros                         0          Running              core
app_originate.so               Originate call                           0          Running              core
app_playback.so                Sound File Playback Application          0          Running              core
app_playtones.so               Playtones Application                    0          Running              core
app_read.so                    Read Variable Application                0          Running              core
app_readexten.so               Read and evaluate extension validity     0          Running              core
app_record.so                  Trivial Record Application               0          Running              core
app_sayunixtime.so             Say time                                 0          Running              core
app_senddtmf.so                Send DTMF digits Application             0          Running              core
app_stack.so                   Dialplan subroutines (Gosub, Return, etc 0          Running              core
app_system.so                  Generic System() application             0          Running              core
app_talkdetect.so              Playback with Talk Detection             0          Running          extended
app_verbose.so                 Send verbose output                      0          Running              core
app_voicemail.so               Comedian Mail (Voicemail System)         0          Running              core
app_waituntil.so               Wait until specified time                0          Running              core
app_while.so                   While Loops and Conditional Execution    0          Running              core

Try ‘module load app_page.so’ and see if you can load it, You may need to add it to your modules.conf if you are not using autoload=yes

I tried it, but got the following error:

root-612c*CLI> module load app_page.so
Unable to load module app_page.so
Command ‘module load app_page.so’ failed.
[Oct 5 17:33:24] WARNING[11074]: loader.c:556 load_dynamic_module: Error loading module ‘app_page.so’: File not found
[Oct 5 17:33:24] WARNING[11074]: loader.c:1086 load_resource: Module ‘app_page.so’ could not be loaded.

OK, Did you select it with menuselect when you compiled Asterisk?

I am building customize openwrt and building asterisk with Makfile in it.

But I did check in the asterisk directory and did make menuselect to see the selected options and it shows following.

So app_page is selected.

Do I need any dependencies for it?

OK, when you do your make does it get build in the apps directory?

Page needs confbridge, it shows that in your screenshot.

confbridge() is working fine. I am using it, but paging() is giving me the mentioned error.

It does not appear as though app_page.so is actually being installed, this still seems to point to your environment - you need to isolate things further.

1 Like