No application 'Page' for extension

I have searched and searched, but can’t find a resolution for this problem. For some reason I don’t have the Page application. I am using the latest release of Asterisk(1.6.2.6). I have installed every feature and add-on from menuselect. When I use the Dial app and add the sip header for auto-answer, only one extension answers. Thanks in advance for any help on this.

Can we see your configurations?

What configurations do you want me to post?

I believe Page requires you to have DAHDI installed.

You might look at using ConfBridge.

— (from: voip-info.org/wiki/view/Aste … ConfBridge)
ConfBridge is an application for Asterisk starting with the 1.6.2.* series. ConfBridge is very similar in features to MeetMe, but unlike MeetMe, ConfBridge does not perform audio mixing using DAHDI. Instead, audio mixing is performed within the internals of Asterisk.

Thanks! for the info, I’ll give it a whirl. and post back

I know this thread is old, but I had a hard time searching and searching to fix this same problem and never did find a step-by-step solution. This is what worked for me, and it was in fact that the DAHDI drivers were not loaded PRIOR to compiling Asterisk…

Anyway, I hope this helps someone.

Make sure that you have all of your kernel headers install and all other pre-reqs for compiling.

Install DAHDI Complete:

cd /usr/src
wget downloads.asterisk.org/pub/telep … 5.0.tar.gz
tar -xvf dahdi-linux-complete-2.5.0+2.5.0.tar.gz
cd dahdi-linux-complete-2.5.0+2.5.0
make
make install
make config

If you already have the source tarball for your version of asterisk:

Go into your Asterisk source directory and perform the following

./configure
make menuconfig
go into "Applications"
Make sure that app_meetme and app_page are available and selected (It is likely that they were X’d out before)
Save & Exit
make
make install
amportal stop
amportal start

If you do not have the source tarball for your version of asterisk:

Download the tarball for your version from here - downloads.asterisk.org/pub/telephony/asterisk/

once you download it and untar it, Go into your Asterisk source directory and perform the following

./configure
make menuconfig
go into "Applications"
Make sure that app_meetme and app_page are available and selected (It is likely that they were X’d out before)
Save & Exit
make
make install
amportal stop
amportal start

At this point, you should be able to go into the FreePBX GUI (if that is what you are using) and the Paging and Intercom section should now work for you.

Just remember, whatever you set up as the paging extension is all that you have to dial, you do NOT have to dial *80 in front like when you use the intercom…

Simple, This happen when you install asterisk using Yum.
I recommend; Install PURE Asterisk and Forget about Everything!

Well, not quite… Actually worse :wink: I originally installed this particualr machine from the AsteriskNOW .iso (v1.6). Then I upgraded to 1.8 via source and went from there.

I hate *AsteriskNOW
I like Pure codes ;D