I am a newbie in astersik but i love VOIP Open Source Dev

i am a newbie in asterisk i am at saudi arabia and my home country is india me and some of my friends are working here usually we are making calls to pur home by gsm mobile or net3phone, ksafone, recently i heared about asterisk this is very nice development from OpenSrc any way now i prepare intel p4 2.8 ghz 512 ram mechines both side (assembled my self) and i installed linux fedora core3 both side…and waiting for money to purchase digium wild cards and linksys routers for both side… also we having adsl connections both sides and 3 local telephone lines. so i am planning to make PSTN 3 and 2 IP PHONES AND some SIP fones Both side. we are not getting digium hardware in saudi arabia so i have to purchase that from some where asia… waiting for good response who can help me in this case i am totally new in this area .

It’s not clear what you want help with. Do you want someone to help you get Digium hardware? Or are you asking for help with asterisk configuration?

It’s also not totally clear exactly what you’re trying to do. You talk about “both sides”, but both sides of what? Are you talking about India and Saudi Arabia? Are you intending to set up a system so you and your friends can make calls to India from S. Arabia via the internet?

[quote=“WillKemp”]It’s not clear what you want help with. Do you want someone to help you get Digium hardware? Or are you asking for help with asterisk configuration?

======================================
yes i wanna get some help

It’s also not totally clear exactly what you’re trying to do. You talk about “both sides”, but both sides of what? Are you talking about India and Saudi Arabia? Are you intending to set up a system so you and your friends can make calls to India from S. Arabia via the internet?[/quote]

yes exactly…

i dont want to setup a voip provider both locations loc A AND Loc B i am having asterisk server …

Well it should be a fairly simple thing to do. However, you may find that the digium hardware isn’t compatible with the phone systems in Saudi Arabia or India or both. There seems to be some compatibility problems with the UK phone system, so it seems fairly likely you will have some problems with it unless, of course, the systems in both India and S. Arabia are identical to the US system - which doesn’t seem very likely.

If possible, you’re probably better off using ISDN.

To start with, you’ll need to read everything on:

voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk

Really this is very bad news for me …but some most of the companies saudia arabia and india running Their own VOIP … :frowning:

Shall i use digium hardware with inter office communications two locations saudi arabia and india … i mean with out connecting telephone lines .
but my prime idea to develop one with POTS. any onother hardware will support here.

You can always use asterisk with VoIP phones - either software or hardware phones.

what about interconnection of PSTN Calls

VoIP service provider, FXO card, media gateway, or ISDN.

FXO will be cheaper …so i will check with intel generic modem

whats your openion about this, if i purchase digium card it might not work but i am sure about a modem sure will work with my situation.

bsnl.co.in/service/isdn_tariff.htm
this is our telecom company in india if i choose isdn this will be price

all price in indian rupees US1$ = 45 INR (rupees)

and wich service shall i want to choose and which terminal shall i use