How to login agent by AMI in version 1.6?

When I use version 1.4,I can use AgentCallBackLogin to login agent into queue and associate with a siphone at the same time.
After upgrade to version 1.6, only QueueAdd left which means I can only add a sip phone into queue and not a agent. Since this feature is useful especially in callcenter, any body knows how to achieve this with manager interface? I have to control my softphone via manager interface to login the agent.

BR

AgentCallbackLogin was deprecated. Maybe it has finally gone. You are expected to use local channels, as queue members, instead.

Thanks for quick reply.
But what U mean is there won’t be agent login support with manager interface? I can only use extension to identify user? It will not be a good idea for call center application.

All I can say for certain is that it has been deprecated since 1.4, so you shouldn’t have been using it for new designs since then and should have been planning to move away from it.

I’d have to look at the source and change history to see how much of it they have actually removed now, and that will take more time than I can spare for a feature I don’t use.

Hi

the relevent manager / Ajam commands are

QueueAdd agent,all Add interface to queue. QueuePause agent,all Makes a queue member temporarily unavailable QueueRemove agent,all Remove interface from queue. Queues <none> Queues QueueStatus <none> Queue Status

these work well

Ian

QueueAdd only add the interface to queue which means I can’t use agent but physical channel.
What I want is like what has been implemented in mainstream PBX and also in asterisk 1.4. Physical extensions identify the location where the agent sit and agentid present the real person.

Is there any plan to solve this problem or just let it be? I think backwards compatibility should be at the first place when upgrade the product.

Hi

Not sure what you mean by [quote]Is there any plan to solve this problem or just let it be?[/quote]

Since the launch of 1.4 you have been warned it was going, here is the extract of UPGRADE.txt of 1.4

[quote]The Agent channel:

• Callback mode (AgentCallbackLogin) is now deprecated, since the entire function
    it provided can be done using dialplan logic, without requiring additional
    channel and module locks (which frequently caused deadlocks). An example of
    how to do this using AEL dialplan is in doc/queues-with-callback-members.txt.[/quote]

and here is the UPGRADE.txt of 1.6 when it went

The Agent channel:

[quote]* Callback mode (AgentCallbackLogin) is now deprecated, since the entire function
it provided can be done using dialplan logic, without requiring additional
channel and module locks (which frequently caused deadlocks). An example of
how to do this using AEL dialplan is in doc/queues-with-callback-members.txt.[/quote]

So you cant say you haven’t been warned.

Ian

I just tried Asterisk 1.4 several days ago and do the CTI integration with AMI interface to migerate our callcenter solution from AVAYA,CISCO,Alcatel,bla,bla .
After test, I find no MusicOnHold Event in 1.4, then I upgrade to version 1.6. I can understand U guys retire AgentCallBackLogin for performance issues, but U should make solution for substitution instead of just let it vanish. If I can’t login agent with AMI, that means I can’t use agent with AMI, then why still leave agentlogoff in AMI? So what U mean is Asterisk has supported agent in early days and from now on those who use agent pls forget it and try to explain it to U customer yourself?

In my opnion, asterisk is great, but if it will shows no respect to the effort of the 3rd party developer who work on it, it can be just a great toy and not a product I can invest and trust.

It still supports agents its just the agentcallbacklogin that has gone.

having worked on proprietary systems for over 28 years, to be warned a feature is going for a whole version is far better than any of them can do. basically we are given a years notice of a change which is ample time to develop solution.

Its a simple case of RTFM really its easy to get caught out unless you read the upgrade notes, but that goes for any system, I used to provide a monthy report for a large Mitel network on how the latest software changes would impact on their network. And it always did.

Its open source you can do with it what you want.

Ian